Beaufort, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Beaufort Camping Reviews
Beautiful Park in Great Location

This state park is close to a lot of things to do.  Very close to Wormslow Historic Site and Savannah.  The campground is really nice with large trees and lots of hanging moss.  We were in site 61 that was very deep and secluded with our picnic table set back from the road.  We had to park our camper crooked because of a tree and roots.  The bath house was nice and clean.  However the heat was broken on the hand blower in the women's side.

There are sites with full hook ups.  There are also nice trails with one that leads to an observation deck.  Also have bike rentals.

Very nice place !!

This place has it all. Great staff and lots of things to do. We stayed here Thanksgiving weekend 2019. They provided thanksgiving dinner we just had to bring a side dish. This park is still new and adding more amenities daily. Spacious sites and the they keep the park clean. We will be back!

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit at Skidaway Island State Par

Campground Review: Skidaway Island State Park is a great campground. There is not a bad site on the grounds. It appeared that all sites are pull-through sites, and there is plenty of space, with greenery, between each site. The comfort station is well-kept, although there was a sewer smell. That is most-likely unavoidable due to the soil type. It was not as unbearable as it may be in the summertime. Gratefully, the bathhouse is heated. We camped during record low temperatures for the area and time of year.(https://gastateparks.org/SkidawayIsland) The hiking trails are well-kept, and easy. One trail is very short for those who want to do some nature-watching, but struggle on long hikes. This trail takes you to a boardwalk, and observation tower in the tidal marsh. We were fortunate to get there as the tide was rolling in. This area is rich and diverse in flora and fauna. Wormsloe State Historical site is just around the corner. The staff and volunteers do a fabulous job at submersing visitors in the history of the area.(https://gastateparks.org/Wormsloe) You can’t visit here without exploring eclectic Savannah. If you want fresh seafood for your camp meal, I highly recommend Dubberly’s Seafood.(https://www.facebook.com/DubberlySeafood/) Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, the Stream2Sea Conscious Camper Kit surprised me with the effectiveness and quality. I work on a floating classroom for Chattahoochee RiverKeeper. I do“Protect What I Love”. I chose this company based on the name, alone, then was impressed to see that they are co-protectors and educators of our precious water resources. I found the sunscreen to be a little heavy on my sensitive skin, but it did not break me out, and it did protect. The Relief Gel works amazingly well, with only a dab. I have itching spells, and this gave me relief. I, also, used it on a bug bite, and it relieved it. The Shampoo& Bodywash smells terrific! I am allergic to fragrance, and this is natural fragrance. It has a tangerine smell. The only problem is that the aroma fades after it is rinsed out, which happens with natural aromas. It leaves my hair feeling fabulous and is not as fly-away as other products leave my hair. I don’t even need the Leave-In Conditioner that is equally as good.(https://stream2sea.com/product/conscious-camper-kit/)

Solitude in SC

First beach camp. First South Carolina camp. Site 13 was literally 24 steps from tent to the breaking waves of the Atlantic which are a great soundtrack along with the gusting breezes for reading and cooking s’mores. Thursday night the park was very quiet with Friday and Saturday filling up with friendly families with kids, a surfer, and RVers..a great mix.

Staff was helpful, efficient, and accommodating.

Simple, relaxing, memorably situated park.

So much fun

We tent camped. There are two tent sites on separate docks over looking the lake. There are small gators in the pond and catch and release fishing. There is a pool and a hot tub at the club house as well as lots of games. It rained a bit while we were there and still had such a great time. Even the teen kids loved it. Will definitely go again.

Serene setting but close sites

We stayed at the Oaks at Point South for 2 weeks.  The sites were a bit close, also, when it rained the byproduct was mud.  However, the sites all had live oaks with spanish moss, there was a large pond(s) with great walking trails and lots of beautiful birds.

The staff was very accomodating.  They accepted packages shipped to you.  Most of the sites were pull thru.  Propane (at a really good price) was available at the KOA just 1 mile away.  T-Mobile cell coverage was great.

Nothing (groceries, etc.) was nearby.  The closest non-convenience store grocery was 12 miles away and the nearest Walmart was 23 miles away.

When running out slides you may need to juggle your rig a bit to clear the trees, as I said earlier, sites are close with big trees.

We would stay here again.

I enjoyed every min

Great place to relax, very clean and a lot to do in around the site.

Gorgeous State Park!

We went here for the first extended trip in our new RV and loved it! Gorgeous park with all of the oak trees and Spanish Moss. The camp sites were spacious and level. Some of the cleanest and nicest bath houses I’ve ever seen. The bike trails and hiking trails are unreal and everything is so nice. Very close to Savannah and Tybee Island. We will definitely be back!

Great Campground- Wide Open Spaces

Most sites are concrete with full hookups. Its a new campground so they are still getting a the amenities operational. Close to the interstate and Savannah. Be careful of GPS directions as they try to put you down a dirt/narrow road before the "real" entrance. I would definitely stay again. Thank goodness I didn't see any long term sites so it was nice for a change.

Weird weekend

February 2017. Spent 2 nights with a decent sized group of friends. There was a renaissance fair going on, bunch of people LARPing like it was medieval times. Knights and swords and peasants and stuff. 10/10 would watch again. Creek is fun to float in the summer.

Great Resort

It's a great clean Resort that has everything plus some but is tight in some spaces….

Great Campground

One of the Best Campgrounds that's Spacious and has full hookups for a lot of sites… If your into History especially Civil War this is the place…

Wildness at heart

Hunting Island State Park is my favorite of the coastal state parks.  The wildness at the heart of this gem is undeniable.  Hurricanes have not been kind to it over the past few years but it has stood the test of time and shows us all how to adapt and roll with the storms that come through life.  If you want to visit a state park that allows you to get in touch with your wild side you must check this place out.

Peaceful

Having visited all of the State Parks on the coast Edisto Beach State Park ranks right up there at the top.  We have had the opportunity to stay at the ocean front portion and the Live Oak portion (twice).  Frankly, the Live Oak is probably our favorite.  While the ocean front was nice and we happen to be just across the dune from the ocean it feels more crowded.  The Live Oak offers more privacy and we love the woods and shade.  We pack our stuff in the car for the day and make our way to the beach for the day then head back to our private campsite at Live Oak for a nice quiet relaxing evening.  Either way you can't go wrong with Edisto Beach State Park.

Words cannot describe!!!

Worst campground I have ever stayed at in 30 plus years.. Small/narrow sites with half a picnic table.. was supposed to have 50 amp only thirty. No internet though advertised.. Tree branches and debris everywhere.. And expensive..

Southern History

The park for camping is not well maintained.  We stayed on site 6 which is a new site, full hook up, nice marsh view. Grass was tall in many of the campsites and it was very buggy when we were there.  We did the tour of the fort and that was the highlight of our trip.  Highly recommend the tour. We also visited the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens and enjoyed that very much.  Love’s Seafood Restaurant for dinner is close by.

Spacious sites and friendly staff

Our site was very close to the marsh and short trip to the town and beach. The town of Edisto beach is very quaint with many restaurants and shops. We were there in March so it wasn't too crowded or too hot. Very pleasant place to spend time. Thanks to the friendly staff.

Great spot near downtown Charleston

Near downtown Charleston. Easy to get in and out. Reasonable rates. Near everything around Chai.

Pristine barrier island with organized campsites

Organized campsites on pristine barrier island near Beaufort SC. Accessible via bridge. Tent camping and RV sites. Several rustic trails . Literally can camp next to the beach. There is a historic lighthouse and grounds  there a available for tours. Across the channel from Fripp Island.

Stayed just before hurricane

We stayed at Lake Aire the week before labor day.  Staff was great and so was the park.   Had a great time while visiting Charleston area.     We had. 50 amp site for our coach and it was clean.  Bathroom nearby was very clean.   Playgrounds which we did not use look nice and safe

We will return when we are in the area again

Fred

Good overnight stop

We stayed here overnight on our way to the beach. The Edisto River runs by the campground and people were fishing. Campground was small but had what we needed to spend the night with a small camp store on site. The only thing bad was it was in August and the evening temps were around 90. Don’t recommend camping in this part of the world in the hottest part of the summer. We motel‘ it on the way back.

Nice place near the beach

I am a tent camper, and they have separate tent camping sites. I enjoyed the amenities, especially the pool and the River Room, where I could enjoy AC and work on my computer until 10pm (I was here during the hot/humid season). Also close enough to the beach you can walk, or there is a pay parking lot.

Great campground

Nice level site. Good hiking, biking and playground. Convenient to Savannah.

Secluded

I’ve camped here a good bit as it’s one of the only local places that isn’t lot camping. The “bone yard” as it’s called by locals is an area of fallen, uprooted trees on the eastern side of the island that is absolutely gorgeous (and fun to climb through). Bonus is that there’s never a shortage of firewood! Also the sunrise is absolutely spectacular at this site. I think it’s also important to check the wind speed/direction before camping here. I came out on a turbid night once and flipped my kayak! Which as a kayak instructor I’ve never done before - unintentionally. My sleeping bag was soaked! But overall it’s one of my favorite coastal sites. Secluded - but paddling distance (~1 mile) to AJ’s Dockside Restaurant.

Dog Days of Summer

This is simply the best places to camp when visiting Charleston, especially if you have 4 legged family members. The off leash area is fabulous. Bike and walking trails are all paved and flat, no hills. Convienient to beaches and Charleston attractions. Come and relax or go and enjoy. It's hard to get it wrong.

Peaceful

Large camp sites and clean nice trails and playground for kids

Cottage #6

I’ve always loved Fort McAllister as a kid and still haven’t changed. It a very peaceful and clean camp ground.

Camping at the beach

Hello happy campers. Stayed at site 172. Nice level spot with your neighbor right behind you and across the street. Our three year old said we were living in the jungle since we are surrounded by a multitude of trees and plant life. We love the shade. We saw deer, birds, squirrels and several raccoons. I suggest you keep all food put away since I watched one carry off someone’s food from their campsite. The store is stocked with everything you could possibly need or that you forgot to bring. Staff is friendly and helpful. Beach is clean and best of all not crowded. If you like history and nature, don’t forget to see the lighthouse and the nature center. One of the highlights of our stay was getting to participate in a loggerhead sea turtle nest being opened and watching four baby turtles being released to the seas.

Ok

Camp ground ok but needs to be cleaned up a little

Quiet and peaceful

Very nice campground. Clean. Great price. Very close to Charleston.