The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Illahe Camping Reviews
Good overnight stop on 101

We just randomly stopped here while traveling down HWY 101 in December. There was hardly anyone there and we parked almost alone, even tho the RV spaces are technically close together. It’s in the trees, there is a walking path. Dog friendly. Well kept grounds, yet the facilities were closed for covid or winter. Overall a nice place.

Good for a quick night’s rest

This is a nice place to stay if you need somewhere to sleep last minute, but the sites are so close together with no privacy. Nearly every site had kids running around screaming so I don’t suggest it if you’re wanting a peaceful stay.

Nice campground close to the beach

Nice campground that’s within walking distance to the beach. Not a lot of private sites but there are a few. Several sights with hookups for trailers and sites are good sized. We were there in early September and the campground was fairly quiet. No campfires because of fire restrictions then but you can use a portable propane powered fire pit.

Quiet & Friendly

My daughter & I stayed one night here on our way home back to Southern California. It was pretty quiet, close to a town and you can follow a trail to the beach, but at one point it was all under water. Looks like a super family place. I think people actually get married there. Very cool. Saw a few huge turkeys running around. Flushing toilets and showers. I think they were free. Very nice bathrooms!!! Big and aggressive raccoons. We really enjoyed it

They Said “Build a Park...Name Your Price”

The gold standard as far as outlay logic, separating spaces and making them all huge and inviting, and rewarding people for getting up and exploring. I couldn’t believe the openness and intuition. Every time I said something to myself like “I wonder if there’s a put-in place for boats,” it magically appeared. People seem happy to be here and there’s space for those happy loners too. Tons of little trails that tempt and reward the imagination. The campsites themselves are nothing special as far as size, distance from each other and distance from roads - I love little 100 feet winding trails down to more private sites - which is a shame considering the sheer overall acreage here. But there’s also nothing subpar about it either. Get your tent site up, get out to the picnic areas and beach, and tip a beer (or seltzer with frozen fruit) to your neighbors.

Bullards Beach State Park

First time camping here. Plenty of hosts around to help….Because I’m new at this camping thing I had to have help backing in. Felt that camps were a little crowded but I guess it depended on the spot. Not much privacy. Restrooms were open and clean…no showers open. What makes this park so nice I think is that once out of the campsite area, the day park is beautiful. Plenty of space to keep to yourself. Beach was a mile away…a person could either walk on paved paths or drive. Because this is on the coast it was windy and cool. I chose mornings for beach walking. The day site is along the Coquile River. There is a National Wildlife Reserve around parts of river so plenty of things to see.

Love this park

Stayed 5 nights site A-40 a very nice spot for our 26ft Class C motor home we fit a-ok an had 30am and 15am at the post, the site and utilities are in great shape weather was cool in the 60's and nice cloudy with a touch of rain. cell signal on Verizon was really low speed and mostly useable. But ATT was good with 5-7Mbs with out using our outside anntenna and cell booster,10-20mbs when using it. This place is quiet with lots walking. A loop is the best loop of A-B-C loops for privacy. The walk to beach is about a mile but a fun walk with a great  beach to walk on. We really loved this parK  but Had to use my cell booster and extend my antenna to get good ATT signal. This is a really neat and well run camp. The showers were closed but toilets open for use. All sites are cleaned right after the departure by friendly camp hosts. We recommend highly and will be back.

Beautiful Bullards

On the beautiful southern Oregon coast, just north of Bandon is home to 4.5 miles of beach access, the Coquille river and lighthouse, over 100 campsites. A large campground with lots of variety. It’s been a few years since I camped here, but I enjoyed it very much. Close to abandon Dunes (the amazing golf resort). One year I camped and played golf!

On the western edge of Oregon

A campground the has access for everyone. Vehicles, hikers, bikers, equestrians all have a place here. 50 sites have electric hook ups. They are kinda close together but there is some privacy in between too. Only the group site can be reserved. Great hiking, beach access down a road, and a light house will keep you busy here.

Nice campground and lake

Peaceful. Love watching the water birds. Lots of trees. Even nice in the winter. Clean bathrooms and good hiking.