The best WALK IN camping near
Wetumka , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Wetumka Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budget this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.

Extremely Peaceful & Beautiful!

What a great small lake and campgrounds! Most sites are well spaced and the different site areas are so well spaced out, it was easy to get some privacy. The grounds were pretty clean. RV sites have water and electric but did not see any sewer hookups, but maybe we missed it. Has a dump station, but not the best I’ve seen. May want to drive into Okemah if you have a weak stomach, but no idea if that one was better. Views were fantastic. Some sites are level, some require a bit more work to level. There was plenty of shade to stay cool and you can have your choice between concrete pad, gravel or just go primitive. There were play equipment from my childhood that built character and made me remember the good old days. Never went in the public bathrooms. Did a lot of kayaking, walking the grounds and swimming and everyone was super courteous, especially those who rode in bass boats near us while we were kayaking. Definitely would go back.

Nice area

There are 2 lakes side by side. We drove thru to the different camp grounds and the hiking trails. Ended up spending the afternoon hiking and swimming in a pull off area. We would like to go camping next time. There are several areas with camping. The furthest spot seemed to have the most spots and more RVs than anything. The area before that was all tents and all shade which would be nice in the summer!

I’d drive three days to get here!

Happened upon this campground on our way from Tucson to Cleveland, OH. OH MY!!!! Site right on the lake and during the week no one else in area A. Cement pads for RVs. Boat ramp nearby so watched a few fishing boats launch. Dogs lived it. One was in the water before we unhooked the camper!!! Have arranged for our son from CA to meet us there for a week next Sept. so yes we will drive thee days to come back here next year!

Nice for a quick trip

This campground was mostly clean and pleasant for a short weekend trip. We did find a lot of cigarette butts all over our site but other than that it was pretty clean. We camped next to some friends which worked out well because our picnic table was very close to the other people camping next to us. The lake has a little swim beach and the water is a bit dirty like most lakes in Oklahoma. There were bathrooms and showers nearby and they were some of the nicer bathrooms that we have come across. There isn’t a lot of shade so be aware of that. We didn’t get a chance to kayak while we were there because it was extremely hot and then we had a storm roll in but the lake seemed pretty nice for kayaking and other small boats.