Warner , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Warner Camping Reviews
Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.

We’ll be back

We love state campgrounds & Greenleaf State Park is one of our faves. We also have an adult son in a wheelchair so we have to be careful about where we go. We want to be able to push him around and go on trails that are wheelchair friendly. This campground had that. They also have an accessible site that has a HUGE pad. We were in the middle of the tent camping area; but hey we had a good view of the water.

If you like fishing it has a heated fishing dock which is cool so you can fish in the winter when cold. They have cabins & RV areas. 2 dump stations. There is water hookup. We were at the bottom of a hill but I say wheelchair friendly because I was able to wheel our son around the loops, into the heated dock, over to the marina on paved roads.

At the top of the hill is a splash pad, community picnic area ball field and paved trails which a wheelchair can go down. We prefer the accessible sit at bottom of hill since it was near the lake.

Make reservations by visiting https://travelok.com

Weekend at Greenleaf

We had a great experience at Greenleaf last weekend! They moved us to a better site without even asking and the staff were very attentive and friendly. There is a lot to do, paddle boat and canoes, fish, splash pad, putt putt, sand volleyball court, basketball hoop etc. Lunch at the marina was tasty. We had a great time on the hike to the hanging bridge. We enjoyed this park a lot with our two young sons.

Gorgeous on lake

Quiet spacious, clean bathrooms with toilet paper and showers. Had a spot on the lake. Perfect.

Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Peaceful

Beautiful campground! The sites are very nice and camp is clean.

Beautiful place to get away

I love Robbers Cave. It’s one of my most favorite places to camp. There are over 40 miles of hiking trails and the views are incredible! I prefer to camp away from people and toilets don’t matter, I tent camp around Lake Wayne Wallace or Eagles Nest. Watch the trails bc you could end up on the horse trails and be very sad lol.

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

A hassle-free camping trip all around!

Usually when my friend and I go tent camping we have some hiccup in our plans—rain, damp firewood, lack of wood and ice to be purchased on site, trouble getting good maps, freezing to death at night, etc, but this trip really went without a hitch! They have a good website through which you can pick your campsite. We ended up with a pretty one by the creek that was more secluded than the others. It didn’t have a bathroom, but it was easy enough to drive over to the next site.

What is fun about Robber’s Cave is the variety of things to do. On our first day we went directly to the Cave area and enjoyed climbing on the rocks! Many views were pretty and the cave was not too puny either. The next day we explored more trails—one that was good and challenging—and then rented a kayak for the lake. It was only $5 for an hour! They’ve got mini golf, horse shoes, and a show cone stand to boot. The little camp headquarters also had plentiful ice and dry firewood to buy.

I guess if I have any criticism it would be that the bathroom was a bit dingy, but, heck, it had toilet paper! They also could have had better maps of some of the trails—we got just a little lost on one of the offshoot trails near the cave—but that’s what made it an adventure, really.