Taloga , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Taloga Camping Reviews
Quiet respite!

Ducking off i-40 to the North, Foss State Park was a great place to stay the night. Larger town of Clinton, just SE of the park.
Concrete pads, water, 50 amp, picnic table and a great (grate) fireplace. Small trees shade the pads. Dark night sky, except for small city lights to the North. The communication from the Park station was pleasant and responsive to inquiry. A little windy, but typical for OK. Worth the short drive from i-40.

Fine For What It Is

We stayed here for one night in a cross country camping road trip. There seem to be two places to camp- one is on a small loop on the left after you enter the property and the other is if you continue straight instead of turning left there are spots by the lake. When we were there there were signs saying “for day use only” by the lake so we stayed in the first loop to the left. This loop had around 6 camping sites and one group site. (By the lake has around 6 sites dispersed.) This review is based off of staying in the first loop. Both had vault toilets and a dumpster. I did not see any water. There was no view of the lake from the first loop but there were stairs up to the top which was a nice view. Agree with a previous reviewer that they should change the name on the plaque. When we were there we were the only campers in either area.

Pros: isolated, free, there are trees surrounding the small loop that keep you protected.

Cons: you can hear trucks going by on the main road, the vault toilets were super ripe, almost all sites were on an incline, there were flies (although not an excessive amount), if it was busy there wouldn’t be much privacy between sites (the area is surrounded by trees and a hill but there were many trees between sites), there was a small amount of trash from previous campers.

Fine for staying one night.

Too hot

We stopped here to stay overnight while traveling through. It was a cute, out of the way spot. It was a very hot (99 degrees October 11th) and very windy late afternoon. There were tons of flies. The picnic table had animal droppings. As we car camp, we felt we would not be comfortable given the conditions. We decided to relocate.

Great Hosts

This is a small, but comfy RV park with full hookups (30/50amp), bath house and laundry facilities. There is also a common fire pit. The place is located on historic Route 66. Close to the I-40, but far enough away that the passing traffic would bother you. The hosts, Danny and Virgina, are the nicest people you will ever meet. I am a brand new RVer and had problems backing my trailer into one of the slips. Virgjnia was nice enough to back the trailer in for me. I will deffinitely stop by again whenever I am in Hinton/Bridgeport, OK area. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Highly recommemd this place !

Very peaceful, clean place and super nice owner we met, Denny & Verginia . Definitely come back again.

Stunning

This place is gorgeous and the views are breathtaking from the top. There aren’t a lot of hiking trails. It’s one way up, walk around on the plateau and back down you go. We drove pretty far to see it and it wasn’t a long stop. We spent a decent amount of time up too but next time will make it a part of a bigger trip to see more things. There’s picnic tables and restrooms. I’d for sure picnic here. The way up is steep. I took my dog and she did great going up the grates steps. So did my children (ages 6 and 13). They do have a water hydrant by the bathrooms so you can get water for your pets. My kids enjoyed putting their faces in it bc it was a pretty hot day lol. There is a vending machine but it was not working when we went.

Hidden Gem on Route 66!

This rv park is the perfect place to stay on Route 66! It’s about 35 minutes from Oklahoma City and there are smaller grocery stores within 10 minutes of the site. The owner was so nice and helpful! Amazing sunsets and very peaceful! We will most definitely stay here again if we are in the area!!

Great lakeside sites

This is a Army Corps Engineer campground. Well maintained. Great sites. Some lakeside. Many have tons of shade. Site spacing is good. Check in process was a bit annoying. Made reservations and paid online then had to wait in a long line at gate shack for them to hand you paperwork. Old guy on golf cart is not very friendly. Some of the best Walleye and Striper fishing around. Overall a great park

Quiet, kinda clean, simple

We went to the furthest site on the paved road that had two picnic tables available on site. This site was clean but the adjacent sites had lots of garbage left behind including burned bean cans. Still a great site and very close to the water. Listened to fish jump out of the water most of the night which was wonderful.

Plenty of deadfalls for firewood and the fire pits were fine to use. Very quite all night and hardly any traffic. The road leads right to each site with just a short few yards of a walk to the actual tables and fire pit.

Free public bathrooms available that seemed a bit unkept but smelled nice. All in all a great quiet night, wonderful wildlife sounds and plenty of dry wood for roasting hotdogs!

Great stay!

Only stayed a night but arrived around 6pm on a Friday and only one other camper was there. Ended up being about 4 spots used by the end of the evening but was spacious enough to feel apart from everyone. Toilets were cleaned and pretty quiet stay. I have AT&T and had good reception. Not every spot has a fire ring but I’d say about half do. Some have little fire stoves instead of rings. Would definitely come back!