The best TENT SITES camping near
Olustee , OKLAHOMA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Olustee Camping Reviews
Awesome!

Had a 2 night stay on our cross country trip and it was perfect.  The campsites were well spaced, level, clean, and easy hook ups (no septic though). We took advantage of the trails and did a 7 mile hike on the moderate level.  Low level military jets occasional during the day was the only faint noise, but it's ok … they are always welcomed!  The night was lite by the full moon so we could not see the stars well, but still … beautifully quite. The museum gave a great history of the area and we learned a lot. This was our first time with a Texas park and it was great! Thanks Texas!

Nice place

Good park lots of hiking, boating, wildlife, Nice spots,some have full hookups and some don’t,I’d go back

Locals Gem of Oklahoma

Absolutely wonderful camping and hiking!! Lots of camping spots - and most were well distanced for plenty of privacy. Due to COVID all spots require pre-registration online and only self contained vehicles are permitted (all bathrooms are closed). There is no service in the park, but about 2 bars next to the Visitor’s center (which is also closed), so be sure to reserve a spot before you get close to the park. Some sites are dry and some have electric hookups. No water available due to an ongoing E. Coli issue. The camp host was really nice and stopped by both nights we were there. There were lots of hikes and we are looking forward to coming back for an extended stay. For hiking, we loved 40 foot hole (nice waterfall) and Little Baldy for sunset. Wish we had been here a couple weeks earlier because I bet the trees would have been at peak fall foliage color. We saw long horns and bison several times, but unfortunately didn’t see any prairie dogs. We heard this park is mostly used by locals (~80 miles from Oklahoma City), and not many long distance travelers hear about it. Also heard there are great mountain biking trails.

Quick Stop

We only stopped here for a quick stay so I can’t give a complete review of the facilities but they had pull through sites that were level and clean. The train is close so you will hear it at night but it didn’t bother us. The customer service was great! Great quick stop on our way back to N.M.

If your passing through or staying a couple days!

I was passing through town on my way to Fort Worth Texas and wasn’t disappointed!

Awesome hosts! Clean park! Definitely come again.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

2nd review

Check it out!

Great park

All services worked, did not try WiFi Well manicured lawns and trees Large pull-through

Wonderful spot with easy access

Our first night on the road and stayed here. Great spot right next to Wal-Mart. The bathrooms were very clean and nice, as well as, the showers with heat lights, bench and teak step. We thought it was very well maintained. Thank you for an excellent night stay! The Fullers

Mountains in Oklahoma??

This is an awesome place to visit for the day or weekend! It’s only about 3 hours from the Dallas area and is very scenic. Lots of wildlife and fun trails to hike! The campground fills up quick so get there early.