The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Oilton , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Oilton Standard (Tent/RV)

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Oilton Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

This place was further off the beaten path than expected and was a beautiful location. I camped in late November so water was shut off but electric worked well. Bathrooms were pretty gross and the facilities in general just felt fairly decrepit. All that said, I'm a sucker for waterfront camping and would definitely check it out again with a full fresh tank.

Decent for the area

Ranger was very serious about his job but super nice and you can tell he really cares for the space. Bathrooms were a little beat up but shower was hot and with good water pressure. No problems accessing in 32’ motorhome towing a car. Market at end of road with nice little town nearby if you need to get provisions.

Nice Lake, but the Lake Ranger needs to ease up a bit!!

The lake was beautiful. The Lake Ranger not so much. From the beginning it seemed like he wanted us to know that he was in charge. He was quick to go over the rules with us.  Made sure to tell us to collect our dogs excrements, but we did not need to collect her urine.  🤦‍♀️ If you have kayaks and plan on staying several days I would not recommend this lake.  The boat ramp fee is $5 a day for each kayak.  We never used the boat ramp but still had to pay $45 (3 kayaks for 3 days).  Our fault for not checking beforehand. The Lake Ranger asked how we would like to pay. He offered credit card so we said yes. Apparently, it didn’t work and never tried to see what was wrong with it.  So thankfully we had enough cash. One day my son had just started fishing off the dock.  The Lake Ranger comes zooming up gets out of his truck walks past my husband and marches straight to my son. I call my sons name (we camped right next to the boat ramp) so that he knows this man is walking towards him. Again ignoring me he tells my son that fishing off the dock is not allowed.  There is not one sign that says no fishing off the dock.  But, if that is the rule that is ok. My son got up and came back to our campsite.  The thing is, he ignored two parents,  just so he could confront and exude his authority over an 11 year old.  That is not ok. I did enjoy my time there and like I said it was a pretty lake.  Although, bathrooms needed to cleaned. It’s a shame we wont be going back.

Great Little Hiden Gem

We decided to give this place a try and are so glqd we did! It's a nice little campground with maybe 10 pull-through spots long enough to accommodate most, if not all. Full hookups including electric, water, and sewer available. The spots are spaced close together with about a 4 ft median of grass between but it's not a busy place, in fact we had the whole area to ourselves! Pretty quiet,, can only hear the nearby interstate faintly. There's a dirt path to the lake with fishing access and a lot of open area to run and play. Access to a shaded picnic area as well. It's kept clean and we did see someone do regular drive bys to check on the place. Overall a great spot & we will definitely stop again for a longer stay!

Good spot

Pretty empty for a Friday but it’s late in the season. This location allows you to pull straight into the tent spots. Not like others where you park and pack in so great for car camping. Online reservations are easy. No one around to check in when I arrived and no camp host present but no big deal. Water is turned off for tent spots 1-4.

All around happy camping

Stayed here for several days. Fun playground for the kids. Surrounded by water. Clean bathrooms. Season ends 10/26-no water but still has electricity. Host was helpful. Plenty of large wooded spots.

Clean Corps of Engineers Campground

This was our first trip with our new trailer. We wanted somewhere near home in case we forgot something.

Twin points is a clean, well-maintained campground on Skiatook Lake. Most of our neighbors also seemed to be from nearby towns. The only downside for us was the bugs! So many mosquitos, flies, and bees. Of course, one of the things we forgot to bring was insect repellent.

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose(probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Nice Corps of Engineers campground

You'll want to bring at least 50' of water hose (probably more), as the spigots mostly seemed to be quite a distance from the pads. Also, bring a water hose splitter. Many sites share a single faucet.

Perfect little find!

Okemah City Lake Campground was a nice find for our road trip back home. Price was great we ended up staying an extra day. Only complaint was there was a lot of exposed barb wire and rebarb randomly but would stay here again if in the area. (Home for us is WNC) camp host was super nice. We stayed at a primitive site (only 4 in campground) meaning no water on site and no power. We hammock camped and had several tree options. Park does have a shower house in center and a separate bathroom building near boat ramp, swimming area.

Depends on the Time of Year

I write this review as an observer.  I live in the area.  The park is gated (un-maned) and access is not restricted.  There is a outhouse with water.  They have made some improvements in the last few years but this area used to gather a lot of riff-raff.   The other camp located just a short distance away is gated (Maned) and the sites all have water and electric.  If your on a budget this place is great.  If you want to feel a bit more secure, I recommend the other camp!  I would not recommend this as a family vacation site.