The best DRIVE IN camping near
Marlow , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Marlow Camping Reviews
Good for a stopover not much more

Little city park with a lake. A good place for a nightly stopover but not much more. It is fairly run down and RV sites are very unlevel. All the other amenities are also run down. The lake is nice. Half the sites seem to be taken by permanent locals or transients. Park was quiet but it was mid week. There were regular train noises all night though.

Very Nice Country Setting

Stayed a night on my way home to the Dallas area. It’s a little bit north of Wichita Falls and Hwy 287 but well worth the effort to get there.

Nice, basic RV park

We parked our RV here for 2 nights to go play at Kiowa casino 5 minutes away. Quiet, basic sites. Not very big. No fire rings but a stationary grill. No walking trails. We parked with a 30 amp. Nice people.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Awesome area

A great view and plenty of room for outdoor games. The bathrooms are located by the entrance gate. We didn’t check them out because we were so far from them. Several sites have water and power at the pavilion, but many you will need about 60’ of water hose. All rv sites are 50 amp, so bring an adapter for your 30amp rig. No playground for kids, but load up and go down to the rec area for picnicking, swimming and playground. Bring a light bulb if you would like to light up your porch pavilion.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.

Private Lakefront Sites

We have stayed at Fort Cobb State Park more than once. Always a great experience, quiet park, marina, golf course, and you can’t come to this park without visiting the Ski-Boy, a classic burger joint in Fort Cobb right on the way to the lake.

Mountains in Oklahoma??

This is an awesome place to visit for the day or weekend! It’s only about 3 hours from the Dallas area and is very scenic. Lots of wildlife and fun trails to hike! The campground fills up quick so get there early.

Way colder than I expected

I camped here in November and was not at all prepared for how cold it was at night. We arrived after dark and set up and went to sleep right away. The sites are pretty spread out but there were no restrooms, only porta pottys.