The best GROUP camping near
Idabel , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Idabel Camping Reviews
Camping in the rain!

This place was pretty busy the weekend we camped here but we booked early and found a spot away from others. The water is brown but nice and cold for the summer so we couldn’t complain! We got some rain which sucks but we never let a little rain ruin our camping adventures. Would definitely come back to check out the cabins and camp again!

Not so hidden gem in the natural state

There are 6 pull up to campsites at the cossatot falls. Awesome location right near and easy access to the falls. No water and there is a “out house” type of restroom.

A not so hidden gem in the Natural State

Love this camping spot!! Right next/near the Cossatot river/ rapids with easy access spot. Wish I could say the same thing about the gravel logging road in ! O.o OH MY LORT!! It will test your suspension!! There are only 6 “pull up to” camp sites, and a couple “hike” to. The campsites are gravel and good luck putting your tent spikes in!! Ain’t gonna happen…. there is NO water except what you bring with you or if you pull some from the river. The “bathroom” is your basic (pit) out-house, so bring ya “Poo-pourri!! Awesome hiking trail! So all and all we will be back even if we have to drive that dang logging road again!!

2 issues

I stopped at beautiful lake in May of 2020 while on my bikepacking tour across Oklahoma. I stayed 2 nights in one of the Northwest sights. Hardly any people, but it was in the middle of the week. I stayed in a tent… the grounds were awesome and the full bathroom/showers were spotless. Very well kept However, I noticed within a few hours of setting up camp that roaches started invading my gear. By the end of my second night, I saw more than 10 roaches in various spots in and out of my gear. I even found one packed into one of my bike bags when I got home… dead, luckily. My other complaint is that the noise from neighbors was allowed to go on… only ended by them going to sleep around 2am. They have a noise ordnance clearly posted with a time limit… while the rangers drove through the park regularly, the noise ordinance was not enforced. The other parties besides me we’re all together as a large group, so if I complained, they would’ve known it was me, so I didn’t say anything. I probably should have just asked to be moved

Absolutely beautiful!!!

We stayed at the Blue Jay Drive Campground and it was beautiful! We had three sites 14,15 and 17 number 15 was beautiful right on the lake neighbors were coming by and asking if they can take pictures of the site 15. Make sure you take plenty of water there is no water not even one spigot. They have a vaulted restroom similar to a portapotty. We took our own portable potty and thank god we did so. I would definitely take some seven dust for the little critters at the campsites. It’s very quiet at night and there’s so much to do there.

Stay over

Due to rain and cloudy weather spent 3 nights for electrical hook up, I have solar system so with long periods of no sun just as easy to plug in and pay versus running generator,I have 2 freezers full of meat's for the winter in South Texas at RV park.

A truly great place to camp, relax, catch some fish and just get away!

Located on the south shore of Pat Mayse Lake is the beautiful Corps Of Engineer campground Sanders Cove Recreation Area. This three loop campground is nestled among stunning trees and is a wonderful place to RV camp.

With two boat ramps you will have no issues putting your boat in the water. The swim area was kinda dull but better than nothing.

There is a serious fishing tournement held every year, Uncle Jesse Big Bass Classic Fishing Tournament, started by Denver Pyle who played Uncle Jesse on The Dukes of Hazzard fame, Denvers wife continues to hose this tournement in Denvers name today.

Check out my FPV tour of SAnders Cove ecreation area on my YouTube channel here…

We fell in LOVE with Little River campground!

In July 2020 we traveled north into Oklahoma to visit Little River Park. We found Little River Park on the Recreation.gov web site and just had to go pay a visit. On my previous trip into south East OK I meet some new friends from the area who told me to check out Pine Lake as it was way better for the mobility challenged. Upon our arrival to Little River Park we immediately were impressed with the stunning beauty of the area. We startled three deer as we were driving into Little River Park. Our site was great! Very level with a huge concrete pad that was ideal of the mobility challenged camper. We spent three days camping at Little River Park before the heat and humidity got the better of us and we decided to head back to home base. I look forward to a return trip to Little River Park on Pine Lake at some point in the future.

https://youtu.be/lx-HaTozn9gSite number 4

Beaver’s Bend site #5 Acorn

One of the of Our favorite stays in a Oklahoma State Park. This place really does a great job at catering to all types of outdoor activities. Hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, train ride, kayaking, and fishing galore. The tall cypress tress are incredible the water is cold despite it being in high 90’s. I highly recommend visiting in early spring or fall the humidity is a hash during summer or during our recent visit 13 August 2020. We had a premium RV site on river in Acorn section that had a level concrete pad with water and 30/50 amp hook up. I definitely recommend this area for large rigs.

Stubbled on this gem

Driving back from Mena, AR to Texas, we happened upon this river by mistake. We came in from the backway and it was a long trek but worth finding this end result. Quiet, river was beautiful and calm. Some rapids where we were, a lot of rock. We did not camp but plan to next time!