The best GROUP camping near
Crescent , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Crescent Camping Reviews
Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Very Peaceful & Not Crowded

Campground C area offers many pull through RV sites and some back-in RV sites, all with electric & water hook ups. There is also equestrian RV sites with pens, tent camping with shared water spigots, primitive tent camping and a dump station. There are miles of equestrian trails. Hiked down one and the trail was very peaceful and beautiful. It had recently rained a lot, so I had a thick layer of red mud on my shoes from the hike, but glad I hiked it. There are bathrooms with showers, a swim beach, a volleyball court, pavilions, a boat ramp, and plenty of wildlife. Lake is calm & shallow, so it is best for small boats and kayaks. There were plenty of flies due to the time of year and the presence of horses, so a good fly swatter and a fly trap is recommended. Found a small cemetery on the drive to the campsite with some very old grave sites. In all, it was a great place to escape from the real world and relax.

Really great sites! Terrible system

They have just about anything you would want. Sites on the water, large shaded sites, pull thrus. Nice playground. Two issues. 1. It’s really hard to get a spot. First come first serve. Not who put things in the site first, but who actually puts money in the box first. This leads to a lot of arguments that I witness almost every time we’re at Arcadia. 2. Community water. Sometimes you need 2 or even 3 hoses to reach the water. Campsite wise,this is some of the best camping anywhere near OKC. Also a ton of deer. See them everyday.

Fun time but lost a lot of golf balls!

We enjoyed a fun weekend at Roman Nose State Park. There’s a lot of history there with many activities available. We had a fun round of golf on a difficult course.

Great for the hot days

We visited Roman Nose in July of 2020 (my latest of several trips there since my youth). My boys loved it and enjoyed the hiking, fishing, and swimming. Our morning hike concluded around lunch and the shade-covered natural springs were a great way to beat the afternoon heat.

Lots of other activities available include putt putt, paddle boats, swimming pool, golf course, and the great restaurant Foggy Bottom Kitchen.

Plenty to offer

This is a beautiful area with plenty to offer. The golf course is challenging and my 11 year old was free. The signage getting to the park was great but within the park not so much. Know where your going before hand if you can. Be careful of low hanging branches if you have a taller RV.

There’s a lot of great sites!

Definitely some of the best camping in the OKC metro! However, getting a site can be difficult. First come, first serve and check out isn’t until 5. Lake has a couple of nice swim beaches also.

Well kept, quirky, prairie lake

The lake is owned and operated by Oklahoma State University. The grounds were well mowed, some of the structures are dated but well cared for. Super-friendly and helpful people at the permit office. The store was closed when we arrived.

The quirky bit is the number of camping spaces that are by annual permit. That means a lot of of the shore line is taken up by permanent campers, weekend campers that leave their rigs, student living and even residents (in campers). The lake being close to Stillwater, it looks like a number of students and such commute from the lake.

None of this was problematic for us, but the level of care each annual permit holder takes on their lot range from pristine to near dilapidated.

We stayed in Beaver Cove and found it to be clean, well-maintained, friendly and quiet. No real privacy buffer between sites, but the spacing was comfortable.

The park ranger made several passes through, even though the campground was only about 1/4 occupied.

Lots of birds, including a resident blue heron the locals named Charlie. Wonderful views of the cove. We stayed in lot 31 and a few large elm trees gave our campsite evening shade.

Nice fire rings and sturdy picnic tables.

All in all, a good stay.

Good for newbies, popular for all

There are three main campground parks around the lake. Spring Creek and Scissortail Parks are off 15th. Central Park is off the 2nd Street entrance.

Spring Creek and Scissortail were both full, so we ended up at the Spring Creek Park.

In Spring Creek, there is primitive camping in Bobcat Campground and King Snake Campground. We stayed in the Cottonwood Campground which had a mix of camping types.

We stayed in an RTT, so all of the spots were easy access for us, but I saw some big rigs and setups with boats, so it looked like it was easy to park for most anyone.

The spaces were ample sized and most all of them had enough trees surrounding them to offer decent privacy. They all had had fire pits, grills and picnic tables. They all looked pretty level.

Restrooms and showers were passable, but not much better than that.

The campground was pretty full, but pretty quiet. No problems with noise.

Lots of trash cans around, but they were all full or overflowing. Most of the campsites had some lingering trash around. Definitely could have been cleaner.

My son had a ball and this place isn't far from home, so we will probably checkout the other campgrounds on 15th the next time we are there.

In addition to easy setup and getting around, the other thing that makes this great for new campers is that the city of Edmond is just a few miles away for a full list of stores and restaurants. Or head east on 2nd (66) and go to Pop's in Arcadia for a burger and a selection of over 500 sodas.

And finally, lots of Oklahoma hospitality in case you do have problems or need a hand.

Perfect little place

My family and I desperately wanted to go last minute camping. My husband and I being from Wellston, we had been to bell cow but we had never camped there. With 5 adults and 1 infant we camped at area A. My husband did not catch anything when fishing, but he had fun. The lake is filled with red clay. My mom and I harvested some and made little figures and baked them in the sun. We had so much fun. I do have one complaint, our campsite had trash there when we got there. No big deal we cleaned it, but because of the food on the ground from the previous campers, our camp site was filled with flys. I will always have flys while camping but I had never seen something like this. For anyone planning to camp, make sure u bring slip on shoes. U can go barefoot, we did. But the sand which is great at first… left our feet raw.