The best TENT SITES camping near
Comanche , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Comanche Camping Reviews
Very Nice Country Setting

Stayed a night on my way home to the Dallas area. It’s a little bit north of Wichita Falls and Hwy 287 but well worth the effort to get there.

Nice, basic RV park

We parked our RV here for 2 nights to go play at Kiowa casino 5 minutes away. Quiet, basic sites. Not very big. No fire rings but a stationary grill. No walking trails. We parked with a 30 amp. Nice people.

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Awesome area

A great view and plenty of room for outdoor games. The bathrooms are located by the entrance gate. We didn’t check them out because we were so far from them. Several sites have water and power at the pavilion, but many you will need about 60’ of water hose. All rv sites are 50 amp, so bring an adapter for your 30amp rig. No playground for kids, but load up and go down to the rec area for picnicking, swimming and playground. Bring a light bulb if you would like to light up your porch pavilion.

I don’t like crowds

I agree with the others. It’s trashed and it is PACKED. The tent sites are a little too close together for my liking. Like on top of each other. I think your best bet would be to stay on the outer edge sites and not in the middle for sure. I’d also reserve online bc they are always full. I’ve heard of people being turned away that just show up to camp. It is EXPENSIVE also. You have to pay for your campsite and then also pay a fee per person. Tent camping is only $12.50 but then add on $16 per adult and $9 per child….. it’s ridiculous. There’s a lot of other places I would rather stay that are way less crowded and way cheaper. I’d suggest staying elsewhere and stopping in for the day if you want to go. ALSO you have to have a coast guard approved life jacket for everyone under the age of 12! So keep that in mind. Pets are not allowed at the falls either.

Good overnight stop

A city park provided by the town of Henrietta. We had a good level campsite with a choice of every campsite in the campground. We were the only ones there for the night. We were undisturbed and spent a peaceful night.We had good access to the highway we were traveling on the way to Colorado. Would probably stay here again for an overnight.

Good city park

This was an overnight stop for us on the way back from Colorado to North East Texas. Glad we drove out here, about 10 miles north of the town of Nocona. Grass had just been Mown, And we were the only ones in the Camp Ground for the night. Very peaceful and quiet. Campsite pads were a very narrow and we had to access a water connection from an adjoining campsite. Since we were the only ones there that was not a problem. Had a nice view of the lake. Probably would stop here again

Very nice for a state park 9/20/20

Pros: easy access from state hwy. Restrooms were very clean. This park has made pull through sites for big rigs. The lake and fishing area are great. Very quite and no artificial lights, heat place to star gaze. Love the little circles the water/electricity sites are located. Large site next side acceptable distance away. Every site has a covered shelter.

Cons: some of the sites need added gravel or black top.

I will be coming back and staying, great state park.

9/19/20

Pros clean restrooms and open space. Great for families with younger children. All set up for Halloween

Cons: no trees, sites are very close together.

We’ll go back

Friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, easy parking, with plenty of space. The lots are long so no trouble parking an extra vehicle. Fishing pond, fishing/swimming pond with water slides, and a swimming pool. They also have a separate COI pond.