The best TENT SITES camping near
Apache , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Apache Camping Reviews
Quiet, quiet!!

6 miles South of I-40 and just at the edge of Hinton, OK is a small canyon with red and ochre colored walls. Stayed here on a week day so just a few campers here. Well spaced parking pads, 30 amp, water, cooking grill, large fire ring and picnic table for $30. Shower and restroom building adequately clean, but could use a new coat of white paint. Staff were very helpful on phone and in person. It appears to be a well run place. Worth the 6 mile drive from i-40 and a respite from wall to wall sites at some RV parks.

Great Hosts

This is a small, but comfy RV park with full hookups (30/50amp), bath house and laundry facilities. There is also a common fire pit. The place is located on historic Route 66. Close to the I-40, but far enough away that the passing traffic would bother you. The hosts, Danny and Virgina, are the nicest people you will ever meet. I am a brand new RVer and had problems backing my trailer into one of the slips. Virgjnia was nice enough to back the trailer in for me. I will deffinitely stop by again whenever I am in Hinton/Bridgeport, OK area. Thank you so much for your hospitality.

Highly recommemd this place !

Very peaceful, clean place and super nice owner we met, Denny & Verginia . Definitely come back again.

Oasis!

We were shocked by how beautiful this campsite was. It is a hidden valley oasis with grassy campsites and nestled in between trees and surrounded by red rock walls! Campsite owner was super nice and helpful. 15 bucks for a tent site and you get to pick it first come first serve. Super close/easy access to the I-40!

Spectacular place to visit

Doris campgrounds are only open for RV campers due to covid so I couldn’t stay. Mount Scott had some pretty awesome views and I hiked the trail across the road from it by the bathrooms. There is a gate and a path beside it made from vehicle wheels. You can hike pretty far. There are several spots where you cross a creek which was good for my dogs or I think they would have died by the way they were panting lol. It was 91 degrees when I hiked it. Take 2 water bottles for yourself if it’s hot out! The trail ends at a beautiful lake with the mountain in the distance. I walked down to the lake so the dogs could cool off and drink for a while. Def loved taking it all in. There’s cattle but they didn’t mind us one bit.

I did see camping in town right before the blue water towers, along the river/creek there are tent camping spots and a lot of people were fishing. It’s just over the bridge and you can miss it. It’s not on the app so thought I would mention it in my review and added some pics of that area!

Awesome area

A great view and plenty of room for outdoor games. The bathrooms are located by the entrance gate. We didn’t check them out because we were so far from them. Several sites have water and power at the pavilion, but many you will need about 60’ of water hose. All rv sites are 50 amp, so bring an adapter for your 30amp rig. No playground for kids, but load up and go down to the rec area for picnicking, swimming and playground. Bring a light bulb if you would like to light up your porch pavilion.

Hidden Gem on Route 66!

This rv park is the perfect place to stay on Route 66! It’s about 35 minutes from Oklahoma City and there are smaller grocery stores within 10 minutes of the site. The owner was so nice and helpful! Amazing sunsets and very peaceful! We will most definitely stay here again if we are in the area!!

Hiking, Fishing, Fun

This is literally the first place we’ve ever been in our pop up so we don’t have anything to compare it to. We were happy with our experience at Red Rock Canyon. We loved the setting with the red canyon walls. Our two kids enjoyed the fishing in the pond (just blue gill but the fishing was fun). We did a little hiking and didn’t even scratch the surface of all the hiking available, lots of rappelling going on and it appeared the local fire department was even out practicing. In the evening they were setting up a large projector screen by the camp shop and looked to be doing a move night possibly. RV sites had a little space to them and included a fire pit, picnic table, and charcoal grill. Electric and water worked just fine. Only part that was less than great was the bathrooms, but they worked just fine.

All the Comforts

We stayed here over July 4th holiday to be closer to grand kids. This park is very nice if you make sure you are in the shaded areas. It was very busy and we had trouble finding a spot to fish with a 6 year old. The trails to the lake were pretty steep and intimidating. Some of the older kids had no trouble at all though. The park staff were great to visit with and very helpful. The bath house, pool and little store were all nice and a very good restaurant and gift shop next door.

Little hidden gem

Robinson’s Landing is nestled on the northern side of lake Latonka. The sites have concrete pads with water and 30/50amp hook ups. The sewage dump station isn’t very far directly across from the marina. The roads are gravel leading in from marina but are generally good to travel on. Sites sit close together however if you are lucky to get a water view it’s not bad. What makes this a great place is it’s proximity to the water and marina which offers paddle board and kayak rentals. Close by attraction are the north entry of the Witchsta Mountain wildlife refuge, Meers and Historic Medicine Park.