Camping in Isenhour

99 Reviews of 21 Isenhour, North Carolina Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great Stopover

Very well maintained, spacious campsites. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Not much to do in surrounding areas.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Nice but sites are narrow

Really like this campground. It is clean and generally well maintained except for a few branches along the road that can use trimming. Sites are narrow. but have a nice gravel surface. Great connectivity with Att and Tmo. Plenty of OTA TV channels.

SiteC41
Rafa P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Disappointing

According by the rates I was expecting an actual resort. But not even close. 90% of the sites are occupied by permanent campers. The staff don’t take care of the other sites at all. Ours was small and dirty. We’ve been for 2 nights in a row (so far) and both nights were very noisy because of two…

SiteE06
Month of VisitOctober
Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Nice dispersed campground

We have been coming to this campground for seven or eight years. We’ve camped here as tent and rv campers.

The campsites tend to be spacious and wooded- perfect for privacy and hammocks.

Once we were tent camping here, and woke up to a herd of deer on our site! There were seriously 10-15 deer…

John S.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Gr8 primitive camping

Voted bathroom long bumpy dirt roads. Other camp ground near by with dump an showers fee 3 bucks for showers unsure on dump fee. Ovh area so can get some dust an noisy atv utv an trail rigs. Seen stock jeeps an full size trucks go threw trails 5 dollars a day to ride or 30 for season have to get…

Siteopen parking lot but stayed to right up against fence great morning sun an great evening shade
b
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

This place has a lot to do at a reasonable price. Definitely bring the kids.

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Can’t reach anyone!☹️

I have reach out to this location 3 times 2 times by phone and 1 time by email. However I have not received any response from them at all. I really want to see how this location is it appears nice…. The website states they are working with limited spots since they wanted first responders and such….…

h
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Older campground but a beautiful place

The most relaxing camp ground I have ever been to. The staff is excellent. Easy access to the lake. They have a picnic table and a swing set up at the lake so you view it. Some folks reviewed the campground and complained about the roads in and hair pin curves. I really do not know what they are…

Site49A
Gabby A.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great area to bring the fur babies!

It was a nice spot, big open camping spots that are first come first serve. The drive down the trail can be a bit much if you’re in a smaller car like we were, we had to drive slowly down because of all of the rocks. We didn’t catch any fish but I’m sure if you’re able to get out in the water via…

• At the water, about a 5 minute walk from our campsite
  • At the water, there were areas we let them off leash & explore, use caution of course. Our girl likes to explore, this picture was after she Houdini’d herself from her harness & we found her in the water. After that, we kept her off & it was generally easy to see where she was going as the area is pretty open.
  • At the campsite, both our babies had so much room to run around & play, I had my husky on a 30tf. leash & she did get tangled up a bit.
Sitetwo campsites before the Deep Water Trail, on the right
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great Campground

This is wooded campground a short distance off of I-40. Beautiful pool with bounce house and playground. Concrete pads. Quiet at night. Great for relaxation.

Sitesite 19
Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy quick stop

Restrooms were nice and clean, owner was very sweet, sites good size and those on Loop B were back in and shaded/private.

SiteB2
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

M
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Accommodating RV Campground

We’ve loved staying at Yates due to the flexibility and excellent communication of the owners. There aren’t really any extras here but if you’re just looking for reliable water/electrical/sewer and wifi near Charlotte this is a fantastic option.

Month of VisitMarch
Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Randel B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Not there best

Long way 2 out house and store. Check out Grammy and pappy at it again on you tube

Sitetent