Cherryville, NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Cherryville Camping Reviews
Great Location Overall

Incredible spot that we will return to for sure.

We drove about 10 miles down NC105 to find a good spot that was available. Be sure to have 4WD (preferably a off-roading vehicle) to make it up some parts of the road.

The spot was massive and could easily fit 5+ vehicles and sleep 20 comfortably. The view was nice and we were able to see Lake James in the distance (due to being far down the trail).

First photo is at night, second is in the morning, third is a pull off further down the trail on the way to the exit.

Woke up in the morning to hunting dogs barking and a few gunshots. This didn’t bother us however but it’s something to note incase it would impact you.

Very clean and quite

Our camp spot was a little small but they do have bigger options available. We loved the lake area and enjoyed fishing there. The location on the Blue Ridge Parkway was beautiful and very secluded. The bathhouse was spotless everytime I went to shower. It also smelled freshly clean and always had plenty of hot water (not always the case when camping). The camp store employees were super friendly and helpful. We will go back again but will book a bigger spot to have more privacy.

History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

First time at a KOA

Stopped here for an overnight on our way south. We had a pull-thru full hookup site. It was relatively level but not perfect. Main bath house was under construction and not available. There is a bar, convenience store, and RV service center at the entrance which is convenient. We didn’t have time to look around the campground much but it served it’s purpose for us. Oh, there are no fire rings but it claims on their site that you can build one in the gravel. We didn’t see a single other site with a fire.

Very nice

We have been a few times and really like it. The staff are very friendly. The bath houses and park are always really clean.

Off the beaten path

A couple buddies and I went camping on table rock, found a cave, crawled through it for about 100 feet and found the most beautiful camping spot we have ever seen. 10/10 would never tell the spot

Great RV Park

We stayed here August 16-19 in our 39ft motorhome and toad. Buck Creek has easy access and nice campsites. The property is well kept. The owner was very hospitable.
It was convenient to visit Linville Falls and Mount Mitchell.

Linville Gorge is Gorgeous

We’ve primitive camped in the Linville Gorge Wilderness for many years and absolutely love it. It’s peaceful and secluded and the views are absolutely gorgeous. My photos are from the Linville Falls side of the old highway that goes past the falls parking lot. Spaces are first come, first served dispersed camping. Leave no trace! We clean up after folks every time we camp up here and it’s just too sad that people will leave their trash. This area used to be the best kept secret in the NC mountains but is quickly gaining popularity.

Great Little RV Park

Great place, super clean. We’ll definitely be going back anytime we’re in the area. About 45 minutes from downtown Asheville NC.. Lots of great places to visit near by. Full hook ups.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

Escape to nature’s playground

LNSP is just a 45 minute drive from Charlotte and 1.5 hours from Asheville. The campsites are spacious, and surrounded by woods with plenty of shade to keep the summer heat in check. The Lakeshore Trail takes hikers around the lake with opportunities to swim along the way. If mountain biking is your thing, there’s plenty of miles of trails for all skill levels just 2 miles away from you campsite. Lake Norman is huge and has a boat launch for everything from motorboats to paddle boards. You can even rent canoes, kayaks, peddleboats and standup paddle boards for $7 per hour. RVers will have to rough it - there’s no hookups but a dump station is available. Reservations are made through the state park website.

Bit of everything

16, about to be 17 sites. The 5 upfront are walk in, and more private. The about to be 12 in the back are pull in and much closer together. Two shower houses, one on both ends, no hookups. Host should be on site weekends from April til the end of October. Previous last three seasons host kept things clean in the bathrooms, new host will happen sometime soon or next season. 9 miles, minimum, of dirt roads getting in, so pack accordingly. Quick trips don't happen. Lots of near by trails, the river and multiple swimming holes. Creek and waterfall in and near by the campground.

Mountain Stream

Beautiful campsites…The owners cook so other campers can get to know each other

River Creek Campground

Nice campground the owners are very friendly the river goes up and down alot so you may or may not get to go tubing…The water pressure is hit or miss also!!!

Dog gone good time

Looking for a place to relax with your four legged family, then this the place for you. Nice off leash areas for your furry friend to stretch their legs and release that energy. Because a tired puppy is a good puppy.

Great Family Campbround!

Our family had a great time! Lots of stuff for the kids to do! Bath house clean and laundry facility great! We will definitely be back!

Mostly Permanent Campers

I traveled here alone and did not feel very comfortable. The campground is very simple. It is almost full of people in campers.

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

A layed back quiet campground. Nice for relaxation.

Very large campground. Has  alot of hiking trails . Some has waterfalls , ponds . Easy to get to grocery store, has shopping, restaurants,  places for children to go… Nestled back in the woods campground…

Quiet and water all over

My camp site (#5) was about 50 yard's from the water. I found a place I could sneak right to the water and fish. Really enjoyed the peace and quiet here. Something to note is I did hear a few boats going up and down the river late at night. My only real complaint is I couldn't find a single electric plug anywhere. I tried the picnic area, the bath house, the swimming area.. Nothing. I was trying to top off my phones battery but had no luck.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Off the beaten path

This campground is down a pretty long gravel road, so it's best to have what you need when you arrive. No quick trips to Wally World for resupply here. Some of the sites can be a little muddy after wet weather. Many are closed off because they are prone to flooding. It is convenient to a few trails and waterfalls and there is a spot nearby where a lot of people like to float on tubes kind of like a lazy river type thing. It's a unique place. My family and tried swimming at the base of Thorp's Creek Falls here, but the cray fish chased us out.

Can no longer recommend.

Riverbreeze is conveniently located in Marion, NC. Their primary focus is fulltimers. We made a reservation for one month and were told we had a "pull through" site. We were given what I would call an overnight site. We stepped out of our front door into the road and had no yard area. We moved to another campground after the 3rd night. We will not be going back to Riverbreeze. Our first time here was several years ago. We enjoyed our one week stay on our first visit. I've heard they had to make 3 high water evacuations last year.

Get away from the city

This is a cool little spot not far from Charlotte NC which doesn't seem as busy as other nearby campgrounds. Staff are friendly. There are cites right next to a lake which is perfect for paddling around in a canoe or kayak just watch out for stumps. Fishing wasn't great when I was there, but it might be better in cooler weather.

Nice spot to camp

This place is close to some good hiking and not too far from towns. They have a playground which is cool and the staff is very friendly. Unfortunately, they do not allow hammocks any more since people were cutting off tree branches to make hanging hammocks easier.

Nice but crowded

There are multiple campgrounds here. I stayed in the drive up campground for people without horses. There is also equestrian camping and campsites one can hike to. My experience was the campsites were a little close to each other and, since it's a small loop, they fill up fast. I prefer more space and privacy when camping. My tent pad was a little uneven as well. There is a lot of good hiking in the park and horse back riding for those with horses. I'd like to try the back country camping at some point.

We love this park and campsites!

Fun beach within easy walk from campsite!

Quiet and Private Camping

This campground was well laid out. None of the sites were on top of each other, and every site was very lush with greenery.

We had a lot of rain while there, however we made the best of it and the kids loved it!

Bathhouse was clean and had showers.

Several options for kids to enjoy the property with a game room and fishing lake.