Water Unknown
About Sunburst

Located in Pisgah National Forest on NC 215, Sunburst Campground was once a logging camp. Now nine primitive campsites offer quiet camping near the West Fork, Pigeon Rivers. Sites have picnic tables, tent pads, and lantern hooks. Flush toilets in bath house, and firewood available for purchase.

National Forest
Sunburst is located in North Carolina
Directions
8820 Lake Logan Road, Canton, NC 28716
2 Reviews of Sunburst
Love It!!

I've stayed a few times now and have had a nice quiet stay each time. Everyone I've met there has been so nice. Affordable. Love exploring the area. Will be back, as it is always my "go to" spot.

Remote campground with few amenities but GREAT for getting away from it all

One thing I like about this campground is that the sites are not so close together that you feel packed in. Another nice feature of this campground is that it is remote but is also near lots of hiking, a couple of nice waterfalls, and close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is a small campground, so it is great for not feeling like you are in a tent city or RV park. Smaller RVs are allowed since the pull ins are not that long, and about half of the sites were taken up by RVs. With that said, tenters do not feel as if they are unwelcome. I enjoyed my stay. The only downsides (not for me but for others possibly) are that there is no electricity, and you have to walk to get water. Additionally, there is a shooting range a short distance away, and you will hear shooting during the day, except on Mondays and Sundays. For a national forest campground, the restrooms are nice (tile floors), but there is no shower. However, if you are truly prepared, the lack of showers, electricity, and on-site water are not problems at all. At $15.00 per night, this campground is just what I needed to get away for a couple of days. I only gave it 3 stars because of the lack of amenities, but as I said, that didn't bother me.