Canton , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Canton Camping Reviews
Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Very quiet and beautiful

Quiet campsite run by NPS. Beautiful in the fall. Great fire pit and gravel elevated platform for tents and activities

Laurel group site bordering the Toe River

Tis campground is a little hard to find because it is off of the beaten path but close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went during the peak leaf season and of course, had to book the site super early. But we snagged the belle of the ball with the Laurel group site. The maximum number of people in the site is 50 (pre Covid) but we were a group of 3 families with 11 people and it was the perfect size for this size group. There were steps leading down to the river with a small spot for a 2 person tent. There were also a number of dispersed tent sites with room to spread out. We had our own very clean restroom that was not in the way but accessible. There are a number of trails to access from the site including Setrock Falls. Even though the campground was full, we felt completely private in our site. The Toe River is the real gift of this site. The constant sounds around you and the river loop trail allowed you to explore further. This is a perfect site for kids because it is open and the river is shallow enough. I would highly recommend this site any time of year because of the river but fall adds a special quality with the leaves all around.

Poor water pressure

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Beautiful Dispersed Camping

Beautiful, large, private sites. You couldn’t see our site from the road, huge site, lots of woods surrounding for kids to play and explore, right beside a gorgeous large creek.

Beautiful Dispersed Camping

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

Nice Private Owned Campground

We pulled into Greenbrier in Gatlinburg and originally had reservations for two nights but added an additional night. The campground was full, sites very close, but full hookups. Nice clean bath houses and laundry. They had a large central green area in the middle of the campground with volleyball, basketball, and climbing and slides for kids. It was very popular! We stayed Two nights in site 84 and had to move to #10 for the third night. Other than being close to your neighbors, it was a great park! I’d stay there again!