Camping in Ashland

12 Reviews of 3 Ashland, North Carolina Campgrounds

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lovely shady spot

A great nights sleep. Lovely setting, shady and quiet. Bathrooms were brand new, showers were clean & HOT. Coin laundry available. They are in the process of adding another bathroom/shower building so only running at half capacity when we visited. Lots of fun activities for families!

SiteC something
Elizabeth V.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2020

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Toby K.
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

Inconsistent to website

So this was my first campground sadly and the experience was not what I hoped for. The Cheseapeake campgrounds website shows outdated pictures and does not show what the campground looks like currently.

The rules on the website are not followed. They're are campers that have hard piped black/gray…

Katie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2019

Ok campground, but lots to do!

The campground at Northwest River Park is small and pretty basic. For a tent camper that is used to wooded, private sites these leave much to be desired. There is not much privacy. The campground was full the night we stayed there and very busy and noisy through the night. We stayed on a Memorial…

• Lots of space for kids to run around!
  • Camping dinner - YUM!
  • Tons of hiking trails!
Elizabeth V.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2019

Hometown fun

I have spent my childhood here and I am excited to share it with my kids. We hike here when visiting grandparents. Chesapeake Public Park’s does a great job with events and education at NWRP! Equestrian trails available, which is always a plus.

Audriana V.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2019

Cool place for families

There were a lot of child friendly activities to do here. It’s about 40 mins from the beach. We tent camped and had a blast. The showers were nice and the bathrooms were very clean. The camp store is great. It has ice cream, which my kids loved. Would definitely go again

Cliff M.
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2018

Great inner city campground

This is a former KOA, I stayed here years ago when it was a KOA, and have spent considerable amount of time here fairly recently. They cater mostly to monthly campers, and aside from allowing some small decks to be built next to the RV's, it otherwise looks very clean. They do keep a few sites open…

SiteSite #9 right across from bath house
Sally T.
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2018

Simple in the South

Its nothing fancy. Good place for a natture hike, campfire amd one night tent camping. Plan on bringing your own water as there isn’t always running water (not sure why).

Heather L.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2018

Review

sites are small but the park does not fill up during the week. There are a few hikes leading back to the river. Canoes and paddle boats are available to rent for use in black water.

N
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2017

Labor Day weekend

It was a rainy Labor Day weekend, but we still managed to enjoy ourselves at the campgrounds. Because this area is near wetlands some of the campsites were flooded throughout the weekend. If rain a lot of rain is forecasted you may want to talk to one of the rangers about your particular…

• Beautiful view while hiking around on the trails at the park.
SiteSite 17