Standard (Tent/RV)
Contact
Green Acres Camping Resort is located in North Carolina
3 Reviews of Green Acres Camping Resort
ECU drop-off

We dropped off our daughter at ECU in August and needed a place to stay, and this was the closest campground with sites available. ECU is less than 30 minutes away, so it was convenient.

My dog and I arrived a couple of days before my wife and daughter because hurricane Isaias was on its way. Unfortunately, the storm hit hard and the campground lost power for two full days. When my family arrived, the power was still out and it was unbelievable hot and humid, so we ended up having to get a hotel nearby.

The owners and staff were super friendly and accommodating, and they tried their best to ensure my comfort and safety during the storm. The campground could use some updates, but it was adequate and met my needs. I read complaints concerning the roadways in the campground, but any experienced driver will have no issues navigating throughout the camp.

My experience was not ideal because of the storm, hence the 4 stars. But we will try again the next time we are in the area visiting our daughter at school.

Not the best I’ve been to

This campground is in an okay location. There is not much to do in the surrounding area and the only thing that I remember them really having to offer is a swimming pool. They had little paddle boats and stuff on the water but I’m not sure if they get used. You can’t swim in the water because it is just too nasty. The tent site we were given was awful. It is very stumpy and bumpy throughout the entire campground. Lots of roots and tree limbs. May have been the worst camping experience of my life.

Perfect overnight