Hardwick, NEW JERSEY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hardwick Camping Reviews
Campground wedding

We got married here so obviously Tohickon Family Campground will forever hold a special place in my family’s heart. The rustic barn and meadow by the creek was exactly what my wife and I wanted for our special day. The fact that there was an old mill on the property and a covered bridge right out front for post wedding photos was icing on the cake for us. The campground itself is average, seems a little outdated but overall in good condition. I personally didn’t use the bathhouse so I cannot comment. Price for full hookup campsites are very reasonable. Bottom line if you are looking for a modern campground with tons of amenities for $100 a night this is not the campground for you, but if your looking for a nice quiet simple campground with beautiful rustic setting at a very reasonable price than it’s perfect.

Great campground

I’ll start with our arrival: well marked with signs directing you to office for checkin. They were very organized in the office. When we got to our site the sewer pipe was buried and we didn’t know where it was, they sent someone out to our site within minutes. After finding it they determined the top flange was crushed but I could still get my drain in there so they let it wait till the next day. They had it fixed by 10 am. We were there over 4th of July so the pool was pretty full during the weekend so we decided to utilize the lake for those days and enjoyed the pool during the week once some of the weekenders left. All facilities were clean and in working order. Jones dale was a short drive and they had a nice community celebration capped off with a great fireworks show. Keen had a great live band one night and my step son enjoyed the crafts and organized activities. We had fun kayaking and paddle boating on the huge lake.

Now called Benchmark

New Owner is very pleasant & approachable. They're making huge changes to make This a 4 season camping resort. The sites are Clean & very large. The Seasonal Site holders are very friendly and helpful.

Rustic

Great Camp !!! One rustic place with many hiking trails to choose from. Camp also provides trucking of gear weather permitting. No vehicles allowed to drive through camp. Trading Post for treats and other items.

Many camp sites open to rent. Cabins - Leanto - Tent Sites. Check web site for pricing.

Beautiful Fall Getaway!

Our first visit to Hickory Run State Park was in 10/19. I was a little nervous when I booked as I booked the last site available in the pet loop. It was the first site in the center as you enter the loop. However, it worked out great. The sites are a little close together but the way they are angled you have just enough privacy. We camped in our small travel trailer in site #219. A small electric only site. The bathrooms were clean. Shower stalls had small changing area to keep your belongings dry. The dump station was very convenient with several stations. The hiking trails were beautiful. I especially loved the Shades of Death Trail. The fall is an amazing time to visit to enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Our local favorite

We appreciate that they haven’t charged us extra in the past for our kids. Our kids love the pool and splash area. Dump station location isn’t ideal on a busy morning. I heard they might work on a second dump location and was told to ask if it’s ok to stick around until it dies down if our site isn’t needed soon. Friendly campground. Go visit Ringing Rocks park with a hammer while you are here. While it’s obviously busier, we liked being below the pool where our kids could fish in the pond and easy access to the pool.

Wooded with many lakeside spots

Easy drive from Philly area, courteous staff, very wooded and quiet at night. Has many sites right along the lake edge, some very large. Many sites have exposed tree roots and rocks, recommend extra padding for tenters. Plenty of space away from neighbors. Only downside, no dogs allowed.

When are we returning

Is what the Boy Scouts said. Friendly staff & locals. Great Lake & lots of activities.

Great park

Great park. Bathrooms are nice and very well maintained. Most spots are pretty private

Variety of camping styles

I have camped Beaver Pond for the last 45 years and have found something new and better each every year I've gone to the campgrounds. I have gone from tent platform,  tent camping, tarp, and now hammock camping. The sites can be a bit tight, at times and you may find a few visitors, not necessarily on two legs, but always a delight. It's great to be among the trees away from the hustle and bustle of the city in what I consider a majestic chapel that will always welcome and embrace your presence. Something for all, swimming, camping, access to bear mountain pool, or the appalachian trails, and lean tos, (not on the camp sites).  Prices all can afford to come. Great for all types of levels of campers.