About Jenny Jump State Forest
Jenny Jump State Forest is located in New Jersey
9 Reviews of Jenny Jump State Forest
Nice little hideaway

This campground is a nice little hideaway not too far from the beaten path. You can hear some of the highway sounds from the campsites (especially the jake brake). The sites are hit or miss in terms of comfort, some have large, flat, clear spaces for multiple tents, some you have to wedge a tent to avoid rocks. Bathrooms were standard, compost toilets. The showers were free and generally quite hot.

Quaint campground.

I was looking forward to a Worthington State Park campgrounds visit but that day they were all packed and I was suggested to Jenny Jump State. I enjoyed the overnight camp out with my kids and they had a blast. Nice size primitive tent site we had and was nice for beginner camping.

Great primitive and cabin rental camping

I really enjoyed staying at Jenny Jump. It is set up nicely for primitive camping and you are able to hike out straight from the campsite(which is always a plus!). Theres a great look out point as well. If you want, they have the option of renting a small cabin/shelter that you can stay in if you are not into tent camping. There is also specific areas for group camping but always good idea to reserve in advance to make sure you can lock it down.

Peaceful and Spacious

My husband and I Tent camped in #34 with our dog. The space was reasonably priced, but we did have to pay an extra $5/day for our dog. However, we didn’t mind as it was so private we felt like we had the entire Park to ourselves. The bathroom/shower was only a few steps away which was convenient and clean. The only problem we encountered was that there wasn’t a store close by for ice or other essentials, although the main office does sell firewood. They close at 4pm, though, so be sure to get there before then!

Nice campground in historic area of NJ

Nice big group site and fun walk to Ghost Lake.

Peaceful and Scenic

We've been here multiple times. It's so peaceful up there and the scenery is lovely. The last time we were there we were at site 28 which was nice and secluded but the smell from the pit toilets wafted over after a while. Previously we had stayed on one of the sites (33 I think) across from the bathrooms and had no issues with smell.

High up on a mountain with beautiful views

the camp sites are nicely laid out to ensure privacy. This park is high up on a mountain and affords lovely views. Well kept and clean. My only complaint is that the noise from the highway was quite loud at night.

Nice quiet primitive camping

I really enjoyed this campground. Primitive, has bathrooms and water spigots. Good hammocking trees and wasn't crowded at all. Plenty of privacy from other sites. Close proximity to good hiking and kayaking at Delaware Water Gap but without the crowds of their sites.

Nice spacious campgrounds close to beautiful hiking trails.

This place was great, they allow dogs and had hiking trails with beautiful views you could enjoy right from your campground. It’s also close to other local hikes like Mt. Tammany. The campgrounds and bathrooms were clean and well kept. Great place to get away for the weekend with the family!!!