The best YURTS camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Nestoria Camping Reviews
Excellent Escape!

If you're looking for an off-the-grid escape this is it.  The hike-in/paddle in camping spots are equipped with a picnic table and a firepit, everything else is up to you.  I have been going here yearly for the last 10ys and absolutely love it!  The only downside is the fishing has gone downhill the last 3ys, the bass used to bite every cast…

Wasn't Expecting Much, but Blown Away!

On the shores of Independence Lake, just south of Lake Superior, sits this gorgeous, sparkling clean county park with a well-managed campground. Wasn’t expecting much, so was blown away by the facilities for the low price. Lots of site options: non-electric, with electric only, with full hookups, walk-in or boat-in sites on the water, as well as a couple cabins. Sites are nicely spaced apart, but not much privacy between them. We chose the site right by the boat launch, which definitely has the most privacy when it’s not boating season. Lots of deciduous trees, making the fall truly glorious!

The campground was about 10% full upon arrival, and everybody left before we did, so we had the place to ourselves. Did we mention how much we love fall camping?!? Bathrooms and showers are clean and well maintained and spread out throughout the campground.

Tons of hiking, mountain biking, and water sports of all kinds around. Nice boat launch facility, as well as special place to launch canoes/kayaks. A large picnic pavilion with stone fireplace sits right at the waterfront. This is a reservation only type of place (with a $3 nominal fee), but the website allows you to book for the same day, and there is decent cell service at the campground. Win win!

Stock up in Marquette before heading out here as there is only a small gas station convenience store across the road from the campground, as well as a small café and laundromat.

Camping in the Wild at its best!

This is my absolute favorite place to camp, hike, kayak, fish, and just get away from it all. If you want seclusion, you can find it here with many remote campsites that are only accessible through the water or overland by hiking the trails in the park.

The park has 2 rustic cabins and 2 yurts for rent that are a fantastic getaway and a great place to take your spouse.

The wildlife include loons, eagles, bears, moose, deer and others. The lake has fantastic fishing for smallmouth, northern pike, crappie, walleye, and the occasional musky.

I CAN’T WAIT TO GO BACK!

A beautiful, but crowded and expensive spot

Hi, all. So, everyone’s been traveling haven’t they? Us spontaneous no planning SOB’s are SOL. My family could not find anywhere to stay and this was the very last campsite on the map in the state of Michigan. We thought F it. We will pay 30$ for electricity and a shower… honestly worth it for the shower. But definitely not a destination spot if I do say so myself. If you can, PLAN your camping. I’m from MN and am not used to having to reserve your campsite. Plan ahead and get the best of the best. Although, we did have weird luck camping at smaller lakes outside of pictured rocks for free.

Great week

Quite little park, a waterfall about 5 minutes away. Right on a lake. We were site 44 it rained a lot. But it didn't flood the site. So that was a bonus. Bathrooms were outdated but we'll kept. Dave; the wood guy came around every day at 5 and had some nice wood for fires. We would stay again!

We like it there!

It’s a County Park in Big Bay on beautiful Lake Independence. They have full hook up sites to primitive sites. You can walk/ride bikes to a convenience store, gas station, laundry, and restaurant. Golf driving range behind the convenience store, bucket of balls $5 and you don’t have to pick them up.
Marquette is a 30 minute drive.

Nice!

This campground was really nice! I’ve tent camped here and camped in a hammock. Both were so fun!

Nice place

Tent camped here one night, nice quiet place

Fishing Family Fun

Quite a few full hook up sites or camp with just electric. Lots of shade, a nice swimming beach, and great fishing.

Nice area but the campground was VERY noisy

As an avid hiker, I love this area. However, this campground has a lot to offer. First, it's close to the Lumberjack Tavern. Around 1:30 a.m. or so, the people from the bar came back to the campground…and continued to drink, very, very loudly. When they finally settled down, I got an hour or two of good sleep before the kids woke up and started riding their bikes and yelling.

The campsites are pretty close together and have no privacy. I was grateful that I was only staying one night.