The best GROUP camping near
Taft , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Taft Camping Reviews
Amazing area

We stayed at one of the walk in sites and loved it. We felt like we had the forest to ourselves. Beautiful area with amazing hiking. The

Nice place for a stop while passing through

Enjoyed this campground as a quick one night stop during the winter.   I think it could seem crowded in the peak season when it is full.

Decent WIFI which was a big plus and, while we stayed in a full hook up site, the dump station was well positioned and easy to navigate.

The playground, mini golf, bath houses, and the multipurpose room in one of the buildings all looked well maintained and very nice.

Glad we stopped

4/09-11/2021

We had the best time camping here in our pop up. The staff was friendly, the bathhouses were clean, the playground was unique, & plus it’s dog friendly 😍 our puppers had the best time!

We also had very sweet neighbors. The kids asked if we could stay here again as we left!

Fun, Family Friendly

This campsite is simple but enjoyable and located right next to the RRG. It is family owned and they are wonderful and so hospitable. Prices are low, and you can also purchase a size able amount of firewood for cheap. They’ll even drop it off for you. If the campsites are full, they’ll do their best to accommodate you in the own field section. Bathrooms are small but clean - no showers. Plenty to do on site, including fishing, karaoke some night, or visit the Reptile Zoo which is a short walk away.

Good place to camp

Nice camper spots. Tent spots are in hilly areas so be ready to hike up to the bath houses. Bath houses are old but clean. Overall good place to camp.

Perfect Spot right off the Mountain PKWY just over a mile from NBSP.

We stayed here from a Friday through a Sunday. We arrived and checked in. You cannot bring in firewood from outside of Natural Bridge State Park/Red River Gorge, so we purchased some with our reservation. They loaded up a wheel barrow for us and we took it to our site. We stayed at site 11. It was at the end of the row and opened to a nice grassy area in front of the Bathhouse and Restrooms. The staff was super nice and accommodating when my mom arrived the day after. It rained quite a bit while we were there and draining of the campground was good. They have a pond you can fish in. It right next to the KY reptile zoo, which was super cool. Right down the road you have lots of cool shops, places to eat and of course, natural bridge. There is a gas station close by if needed. Our site had 30 amp hook ups and the water pressure was about 40 psi. It’s nestled in between to mountains, so it was a little place for our youngest to hike. We really enjoyed it here and will for sure be back.

Nice camp by the creek

Pit toilet, running water, RV hookups. The Camp Host Walt is super nice, ask him about his musician days and he might even let you borrow an old CD of his! Festus the cat was very welcoming too.

Great for all skill levels!

This was my first time at this spot and I will definitely be coming back! I was wary because of the price but it exceeded my expectations. Very easy to find and the staff were very helpful. I slept in a truck tent and when it started to snow they offered to move me to a warmer spot just in case. Spots were very roomy (I stayed in Piney Oaks #9).

The trail around the lake was very nice, short but hilly so a good morning walk. It rained the first evening which led to some pretty little waterfalls the next day. A quiet campground with plenty of amenities. The bathrooms were heated which was a nice touch since it snowed the other two days I was there. Everyone I saw were very friendly (as were their pets).

I went during late March and will definitely go again when it’s warmer to enjoy swimming in the lake!

Amazing home base camping!

The campsites are great and spaced out nice! Most sites have small pea gravel and are very clean. Bath house is open but no showers are at of March. Three great trails that you can do right from the campgrounds. Miles more within a few minutes drive

Beautiful Setting

I camp here annually with my cousin. It’s a great campground if you don’t mind being in a more crowded setting. Aka less remote! Opt for the campgrounds towards the back for a little more privacy and immediate access to the nearby creek. Granted walking to the restroom is a little further. Fills up relatively quickly so would recommend booking in advance during peak seasons. Also be sure to bring your own wood or purchase from local homeowners. No picking up allowed.