The best BOAT IN camping near
Sharpsburg , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Sharpsburg Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground in Daniel Boone National Forest!

Deep in the woods after a windy drive through the forest. We stayed in H loop site 34 so this review is only about that loop. Each campsite is nestled into the forest with full shade and ample privacy spacing between sites. Peaceful and quiet. Clean campground and shower houses, great facilities including a dump station. We stayed for one night in October 2020 and really wished we had stayed longer. Beautiful fall colors. We will return.

Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

Very Nice Campsite

We only stayed one night but would definitely return. We got a pretty leveled site right on the river. Very helpful and friendly staff.

nice and primitive

This was a nice, quiet and primitive campground. The sites were nice and spread out. The bathrooms were clean. I would definitely return to hike some of the trails.

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Hidden Gem

We've stayed at Twin Knobs twice now in our popup camper. First time was at F26, second was at F24. We love how the outer loop sites have such quick access to the water.

Both sites are shaded very well and the sites themselves are huge. We could see other campers through the trees but we felt pretty well secluded.

Each site has several tall poles with hooks for trash bags/food storage. as well each site has a large fire pit with flip-over grill for cooking.

The firewood bundles are a bit pricey ($7) at the checkin shack, but I'm glad they are available. we purchased at least 7 bundles to have a pretty much constant fire through the day and night.

The bathrooms are clean and easily accessible. There was a bit of an overflow issue our first day on site but it was resolved in less than an hour by the loop hosts.

Pop's bbq was a hit both nights we were there. We ordered carryout (covid) and ate at camp on the provided picnic tables. The Dollar General is also adequately stocked.

All in all a fantastic visit which we will repeat ASAP. it's too bad they close at the end of October. I bet winter camping there would be a treat.

Cheers,

Chris

Hanson’s Point

Hanson’s point at the red river gorge is often called the best view of the Gorge. To get to Hanson’s point you’ll have to earn it by hiking for about 2.5 miles, but trust me when I say it’s worth it. The campsites at Hanson’s Point are primitive campsites, so make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need for your stay. Here are the coordinates to the parking lot. Type in the coordinates into your GPS and it will take you right to it!

37.80528, -83.65528

To easily stay on the trial, I recommend downloading the AllTrails apps. Enjoy!

Over-nite in-route to another destination, okay for one night.

We stayed here one night on our way to Indiana and it was okay, just for that. I wouldn't stay longer, at least in the part of the park we were put in. If we stay again, we will pay the extra for a premium site. We were packed in so closely that it wasn't comfortable to sit outside the rig. Vehicles had to be parked along the road as the sites weren't long enough for the truck and trailer. This made it difficult to drive at times. We had to ask our neighbors to move their trucks when it was time for us to leave and it was still a tight situation. The road driving into the park is very narrow. I would hate to meet another truck or RV on it. One of us would have to back up for sure.

On the positive side, the park is pretty big, the staff is very nice, it's clean and seems to be well taken care of. The showers and laundry are open but we didn't use them so cannot say anything other then that they're open, which is a plus. They have a large children's play area and a bouncy/trampoline area that the kids seem to enjoy. The park seems like a family kind of park with lots for kids to do. As an empty nester, I'm looking more for a peaceful campsite where I can relax by the fire in the evening. This wasn't it for me. At least in the sites/area east of the office.