Sardis , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Sardis Camping Reviews
Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Large campground

We really enjoyed this large campground. There’s a bike way that terminates in the campground that runs by the lake and near a prairie. It’s not a loop so you’ll have to pedal back.

There are multiple playground and loops. Lots of places roam!

A great family get-away campground. Great for a weekend or a whole summer.

A great family get-away campground.

Great for a weekend or a whole summer. There are a lot of regular campers that come back all the time.

Family run and lots of amenities.

Lots of trees and water, very calming

Park is nice with lots of trees and water. Small rental cabins surround the park. Owners are very nice and very helpful with tips and suggestions for the RV, and local eateries. We stayed one night on our way south from Indy. We wanted to visit The Ark and The Creation Museum, but cannot do both in one day. I deducted a star from overall and value rating only due to no direct sewer connection. Although they do have a dump station, I prefer to have a direct hook-up. Sites are pretty level, although we did have to unhook to keep truck from sticking out into road. SInce the park wasn't full, the owners let us park our truck in site next to us. We stayed in our 38' travel trailer with our Ford F250 truck.

Nice things come in small packages !

My wife and I have been camping for years. We decided to come to Kentucky to visit the Ark and the Creation Museum. I found this little campground by joining The Dyrt. Three springs, was the best choice this summer. Very friendly staff and delivered my firewood next to the fire pit. Loaned me an electric cord extension and it was a delight to stay there.

Hidden Gem

We've stayed at Twin Knobs twice now in our popup camper. First time was at F26, second was at F24. We love how the outer loop sites have such quick access to the water.

Both sites are shaded very well and the sites themselves are huge. We could see other campers through the trees but we felt pretty well secluded.

Each site has several tall poles with hooks for trash bags/food storage. as well each site has a large fire pit with flip-over grill for cooking.

The firewood bundles are a bit pricey ($7) at the checkin shack, but I'm glad they are available. we purchased at least 7 bundles to have a pretty much constant fire through the day and night.

The bathrooms are clean and easily accessible. There was a bit of an overflow issue our first day on site but it was resolved in less than an hour by the loop hosts.

Pop's bbq was a hit both nights we were there. We ordered carryout (covid) and ate at camp on the provided picnic tables. The Dollar General is also adequately stocked.

All in all a fantastic visit which we will repeat ASAP. it's too bad they close at the end of October. I bet winter camping there would be a treat.

Cheers,

Chris

Over-nite in-route to another destination, okay for one night.

We stayed here one night on our way to Indiana and it was okay, just for that. I wouldn't stay longer, at least in the part of the park we were put in. If we stay again, we will pay the extra for a premium site. We were packed in so closely that it wasn't comfortable to sit outside the rig. Vehicles had to be parked along the road as the sites weren't long enough for the truck and trailer. This made it difficult to drive at times. We had to ask our neighbors to move their trucks when it was time for us to leave and it was still a tight situation. The road driving into the park is very narrow. I would hate to meet another truck or RV on it. One of us would have to back up for sure.

On the positive side, the park is pretty big, the staff is very nice, it's clean and seems to be well taken care of. The showers and laundry are open but we didn't use them so cannot say anything other then that they're open, which is a plus. They have a large children's play area and a bouncy/trampoline area that the kids seem to enjoy. The park seems like a family kind of park with lots for kids to do. As an empty nester, I'm looking more for a peaceful campsite where I can relax by the fire in the evening. This wasn't it for me. At least in the sites/area east of the office.

Great place

This is a great place! They have live bands on the weekends and cookouts. If you like the water, this is a great place! We take our boat out on the river and fish. Enjoy the sites from the bank and the sounds of the water crashing in on the shore, watching the barges go by.

Halfway between The Ark Encounter and Creation Museum

This park is super convenient if you’re planning on going to the ark encounter and the creation museum because it’s about 30-45 minutes in either direction. The park itself is quiet, clean, fairly spread out, and has helpful staff. Only water and electric hookups, common for state parks, but that’s the only reason I couldn’t do 5 stars. Our kids enjoyed the playgrounds, the mini golf, the museum, and the trails to see the salt springs and the bison. Super neat area.

Such a good spot we came back two weeks later

We originally were going to stay at Twin Knobs Campbrougnd, but after some research, we decided to switch the reservation to Zilpo. Having recently moved to Kentucky from California was so happy to get to camp in another season besides summer. All the spots in the H Loop seemed like they would be great for a visit, but after walking around the whole section, we found H 26. It was a double spot with easy access to the lake and set up a beach fire for the night. The only issue was the bathroom nearest to us was shut down, but it really wasn't that much farther. Amazing seeing the Milky Way one evening.