Camping in Mariba

Recent RVs Reviews Near Mariba, Kentucky

308 Reviews of 42 Mariba, Kentucky Campgrounds

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Nice weekend trip!

Great place to get into nature, and take a break from the usual stuff. Nice spaces for camping. I Would come back, and love to see more of the area.

Nice small camping area

It’s a great small camping area make sure you get a flat lot there’s plenty of them. Although there’s more you’re near so many beautiful areas/ definitely a place to come back to!

Awesome trip

I love the spectacular rock features  in this area - they’re so beautiful! I enjoy camping ⛺️ here very much.

Beautiful campsite

There’s plenty campsites to pick from.  I like the ones  that have  a stream running through the background,  and the wildlife around you, is just stunning! I definitely would come back! I love hiking boots for this trip. We found some cool caves along our hiking trail.

Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Turkey foot Campground

All tent pad sites with fire ring/grill and lantern hook. Vault toilets are available. No garbage pickup so pack it out!! Hiking and fishing are done activities

JoDee G.
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

They have ruined tent camping .

2x the price since they put in cabins. Took half the primitive camping spots and run multiple super loud generators  all night long. The only space that was left without cell phones and radios and campers and monstrous rv.s and now these cabins have. Ruined the only quiet spot we could find .been…

K
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Beautiful spot on the Licking River

I love this place for many reasons.  The proximity to the river and kayaking is a big priority for me.  They have kayaks for rent at the campground or you can bring your own.  They shuttle you up to the dam and it takes a couple of hours to get back down to their campground.  Justin pulls your…

• Kayaking on the Licking River
  • Sunset at the campground
H
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

MiddleFork Campground Natural Bridge State Park KY

We stayed at site B9.  Had electric and water.  This is one of the best sites at this campgrounds. The stream in the background is amazing. No sites in front of you or on either side. We had lots of room for our screen tent, teardrop camper and we put up another tent for visitors. A nice FirePit…

• Crushed gravel was easy to set things up on amd kept area dry.
SiteB9
Doug and Terri C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Great sites and location

We have stayed here several times, nice level sites and a quiet relaxing area

M
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Dirty Campsite

We stayed at this “resort” park and were very disappointed.

Campsite was super dirty, food left behind on the ground everywhere, beans, egg shells, etc., were dumped in the creek.

Showers and restrooms were disgusting.

This park needs some TLC.

Hopefully people can respect nature and learn…

A
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Great parking for the night

Fairly level spots on the side of the store. Staff prefers that you park on the side vs the regular parking lot, but I saw an RV out there. Room for about 5 or 6 RVs, but we were the only one back here on a Saturday night. No dumpsite or water available at this Cabela's. Very quiet.

Sitedesignated RV spots
j B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Beautiful campground and site

First off, I want to warn everyone; DO NOT TAKE "PLEASANT VALLEY RD" into the campgrounds! That road takes you on a single lane road and if you meet another vehicle, someone will have to backup. The road is extremely washed out and huge chunks are gone. IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! We took Louis…

• DO NOT TAKE PLEASANT VALLEY RD to get to the campground unless you want a real adventure!
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Land and Lake Beauty

This campground has it all:)  I picked this campsite as it is further south in the Daniel Boone National Forest so it isn't near the chaos of the climbing that is found further North.

"Peak Season Rates as listed on website - https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232370?tab=fees

• Firewood and Ice prices.  The roads are slow going so while you aren't far from town I think it was 12 miles you will notice that the curves make everything take longer.
  • Camp Host information and Security.
  • Zilpo Price List this is an older list but it doesn't look like much has changed.
SiteA004
Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Not up to standards

Showers had no hooks. Everything got wet in shower and no where to change. 3 of 5 commodes clogged. No laundry. Bathrooms were a hike on a steep road so most drove. Tent site was okay. Won’t be back

Sitec02
Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Not the best

Sites were fine. Bathrooms not good. Showers had no hooks to hang dry clothes and everything got wet. 3 of 5 commodes were clogged. After a hot day, I just wanted to refresh but didn’t work. Camp only sites are a drive as to walk there, you have to go over a steep road and you were sweating by the…

Sitetents only C-2