Camping in Sunny Acres

136 Reviews of 10 Sunny Acres, Georgia Campgrounds

Marty A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Month of VisitOctober
Ursula B.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Redtop campground

Beautiful and quiet camping on the water! Campgrounds are clean and well kept with friendly keepers. We loved our camping trip and thoroughly enjoyed the trails and walking trails that cut through the campground Iron Hill.

Sitecan't remember back of campgrounds on the water in a camper back in spot
Month of VisitDecember
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Confusing check in

Beautiful sites but we gotta there at 5.... Told open till 10. Visitor check in closed and no directions on how you get in. Campground ended up being a few miles from check in. We weren't given coffee to get in gate.... Signs once in were one way but you couldn't tell where they wanted you to go.…

Dana B.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Stunning Cabin!

Nicest state park cabin I’ve never stayed in! The furnishings were beautiful and the screened porch was amazing. I really appreciated that the bedding and towels were plush and extremely comfortable-very unlike most state parks or other rental cabins. It was also impeccably clean, AND the…

SiteCottage 3
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Beautiful Get Away

My friends and I loved our stay at pioneer campground #1. It's right off of Big Cloud Creek and old Bridge ruines, providing a nice private and relaxing atmosphere that gives you a glimpse into the past. There are plenty of hiking trails nearby as well a swimming holes and the main covered bridge.…

SitePioneer Site 1
mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Stopped to get out of stopped traffic

This campground is ok to stay at on the road just for an evening of rest to catch up on grocery or amenities for the trip ahead and maybe a quick dip in the pool, showers were clean . Campers are very close and alot of long term live ins like I said a good close to hwy overnight cause your tired…

SiteE13
Connor L.
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Good lakeside camping for RVs and cars

Camped right on the lake in my hammock. I reccomend hammock or RV. You're not allowed to set up tents off of the concrete pad so it would be a bit uncomfortable. Super easy to swim, kayak, waterski in the lake. No alcohol allowed but no one came by my campsite all evening.

Plenty of firewood at…

Leigh R.
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Quiet and kid friendly

This area is clean well kept and child friendly. Bathrooms/showers are clean. Playground area is nicely kept and safe. Ground keeps are friendly and helpful. Laundry on site (not free- so bring quarters) beach area at end of camp ground.

Overall a very welcoming.

• surrounding view
  • large camp spot for 6 people
M
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Horrible Experience

Campsite was flooded when we got there, there was trash all along the area going down to the lake and the bathrooms/showers were DISGUSTING! Employees were very rude.

J B.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Nice shady camping in the woods

Most of the spots are distanced a good ways from other sites. They are a little close to the paved path for my taste though. Plenty of restrooms. Fairly clean and quiet park.

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Beautiful Campground

I just stayed one night in May, but the entire area is beautiful. I saw lots of deer and squirrels. The facility was undergoing renovations, so the restroom facility near my campsite was closed. There were plenty more within walking distance. I would definitely recommend

Site42 (tent)
Diana H.
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Nice view

Camp site was easy to pull in , picnic table was on one side and fire ring was on the other, which once you settle down, the view was nice. Two site over, neighbors were loud but the neighbors on the other side were quite.

• Play button icon