The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Scarecorn , GEORGIA

Camping Georgia Scarecorn Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Scarecorn Camping Reviews
Love TWoS!!!

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times. The owner takes great great pride in his ownership. He was able to buy it from a family whom let the place go down hill then rebuilt it himself with family and friends. The cabins are warm at night without the need for a heat source. The shower house is also climate controlled. There are no designated places for tents therefore you don't necessarily have to stay in the first spot you picked. Another thing I love about the ownership is your bill is on the honor system. They will not hound you about what you owe. You can pay as you go or wait for the total as you leave. You are far enough in the sticks but also close to whatever you need from down the road. He placed 2 or 3 (can't remember) posts for electricity and never complained about me stinging my 100' extension cord through the creek so we could enjoy the fire pits as well as the electricity for phones and tent heaters. Their food is very good too sadly, only on the weekends from Friday evening to Sunday morning.

KOA never disappoints

Stayed here for one night after buying our new camper from camping world. Arrived after hours. Check in paperwork was waiting by the office door. Easy to follow map the the site. Never disappointed when I stay at a KOA.

Would most likely stay again

Clean , friendly no contact check in, sites are smaller than most. Neighbors are really close. Pet friendly. Huge water issue lots of standing water on a lot of sites , ours included . For one night it was manageable. Major drainage problem. Would most likely stay again , but would ask for a site with no standing water.

One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Historic park with great hiking and mountain biking trails

This is just under 2 hours from midtown Atlanta. The setting is lovely and I am sure it's a 'must see' during the leaf changing season as most of the forest is mature hardwoods. We had a pull through site overlooking the lake. The restroom facility closest to our site was closed but there was another facility a short walk away. It was a cold weekend so the heaters in the restroom buildings were very much appreciated.  About half the campsite was full so it was very quiet and relaxing. There were an abundance of birds in the area (for you bird watchers). We did the hike to the Fort and Fire Tower from a nearby parking area. It's a relatively easy 30 minute hike up.  There is a longer more challenging hike from the campsites but we were not up for that this trip. We had one dog with us, so I'd say this place is very dog friendly. Apparently there is a lot of black bear activity in the area but we did not see any this time. *Interesting fact: black bears do not hibernate like other more northernly bears so be informed and aware.  We will absolutely return to this wonderful park. Read more about the wonderful parks built during the 1930's and 1940's with the support of President Roosevelt and the "CCC" (Civilian Conservation Corp.) at:

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Separated, serene lots

First time renting a teardrop trailer and camping in it, lot was tricky for us to back into but we managed and the set up was great with a fire ring, picnic table, potable water and hook up. Also a great view. Nice and quiet site with bathrooms and showers nearby.

Right off highway

Beautiful trees on site. Right off 1-75, so a great pull thru site to rest for the evening. I think she said they would only be open for 15 more days-campground was sold.