The best BOAT IN camping near
Scarecorn , GEORGIA

Most Recent Scarecorn Camping Reviews
Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Great views of Chattahoochee

Wonderful walks, good fishing most of the year. Can be heavily used at times.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Nice scenery but usually very busy.

This is a nice place to just come and stroll around for a bit. Parking is close to the street and paths go down to the lakeside. It is usually busy by people just driving thru but there are several places to pull in.

Parking is off of the main road and there is not a lot of room for oversized vehicles. The bathrooms were locked when we went so make sure you keep that in mind when coming here. There is not a convenience store for miles, the nearest is 20-30 mins drive away.

You can drive right over the dam, but you are not allowed to stop in the restricted area for security reasons. Fishing is also allowed in the area with permit and the have a seasonal swimming area with sand. You will get the Georgia red clay on your clothes if you go in the water.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Separated, serene lots

First time renting a teardrop trailer and camping in it, lot was tricky for us to back into but we managed and the set up was great with a fire ring, picnic table, potable water and hook up. Also a great view. Nice and quiet site with bathrooms and showers nearby.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Not good for tent camping

The guy at the gate was nice I guess. It’s definitely not quiet unless you’re in an RV. And I guess we camped on the wrong morning too because they started mowing the lawn at around 8:30-9 am after listening the highway all night. 10/10 do not recommend tent camping here

Newbies

Sweetwater welcomed us to camping and made us campers for life!