The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Methvins , GEORGIA

Most Recent Methvins Camping Reviews
Cheap, not fancy, lots of fun!

This place was great. It’s not fancy, and could use some updating, but we really enjoyed ourselves. They had lots to offer: bike trails, a huge wooden playground, a splash park, disk golf, a bmx bike track, an rc car track, a small zoo/animal conservatory, and some sort of nature center or something. We loved the playground. It needs some repairs, but nothing major, just updating mainly. The zoo is an extra charge. It’s small and unkempt, but we had a good time. I think there is a lake for water sports also, but we didn’t check it out. We didn’t use the bathrooms or showers so can’t comment on those. The park as a whole could use some work, but for $20 a night and all there is to do it’s definitely worth checking out. We were very happy with our stay.

Great Park!

This place is HUGE!! As others have said, the sites are a little close together and there's some traffic noise, but neither bothered me very much - I was real close to the road too, so not that bad at all. I was quite comfortable the two days I stayed here. They have a little convenience store with camping gear you may have forgotten (or didn't know you needed!), souvenirs, food, and other essentials. The bathrooms are nice and there are some on-site fun to be had with a basketball hoop and playground.

Best in Georgia

Top notch camping, easy access from I-75 almost all sites are pull through. Nice store at the office. We experienced a break down and we’re not able to make our reservation, the gave us a credit tone used at another date, and we used it 3 days later.

Our Saving Grace!

We were so happy to get a spot here! We’d had a terrible experience with another campground in the area, & rolled in here at 9:30 PM to wonderful, spacious, gravel pull-thru sites with full hook-ups, & views of the pond. This is a great park & professional people! Well maintained grounds. Clean & safe!!! 280 sites, & over 100 are pull-thrus. Amenities: camp store, playground, pond, WiFi, cable, laundry, bathrooms, shed/storage, etc. Close to shopping & eateries for all your needs.

Fair Harbor RV Park & Campground

Excellent customer service. Clean and very nice.

Fair Harbor is truly a Fair Harbor for RV travelers!

These people do it alll right from clean convenient bathrooms to a lovely park atmosphere even though RV slots are fairly close together. (Clearly a popular place for many regulars! And i see why with its quality & convenience..close to the interstate exit.) Did i mention the bathrooms were sooo nice & clean with all the helpful details like nice tile seat in each shower and more? They were so helpful and kind on the phone as we were first time/last minute guests on a rainy night making sure we knew which exit to take! Oh, yes and there is a pretty fountain in the little lake just for fun! (Bonus: Cracker Barrel right nearby!)

Fun Campground for a short stay

Campsites– some spots are spacious like the pull thru but it appears everyone shares one electrical box with a neighbor. Pull thru sites are nice packed gravel/clay and a lot of the back in sites are grassy. There are longer stays available here and some of the sites have that “little too comfortable” look. There is a military base in town, so I am sure this used by military and government workers at times. You will have to call and make your reservation. From past experiences- it is good to double check your reservation or have them email you/mail you your confirmation- check to make sure the site you are assigned has the hook up you are paying for and if you have to share an electrical box you need to find out if there are two 50 amps or if one user gets a 30 amp and the other gets a 50AMP.

There are a couple of cabins and there is also a tent/group camping area too.

Bathhouse- has a washers/ dryers in a screened in area. Bathroom facility is older but maintained. NOTE–> Only one Shower and one family shower

WIFI was only ok- we thought we would get better being so close to Albany. It was better with our boosters, and we used verizon jet packs with our sprint phones.

Activities- we always camp here when we participate in the annual Nut Roll biking event (30-100 mile options)

There is a small wild life park with animal exhibits(extra fee) , hiking trails, mountain biking trails, fantastic playground and water element for kids, BMX track, remote control car track, disc golf and kayaking/fishing just outside the park entrance. There is a more extensive review on our website about the activities.

So much potential...

A little background: I used to live five minutes from this park, and it used to be the first campground we visited every year to work out all the gear details. Back then (2012-2015), it was great! Absolutely beautiful, well maintained, gorgeous.

Now… the park itself is still great. Obviously it was hit by a hurricane, but the cleanup and improvements are coming along in those areas. They playground has always been amazing and they’ve added a Splash Pad right next to it. (We were in town to visit family so we didn’t get to enjoy those this time).

But y’all are here for a campground review, so here it is.

Registration. You cannot register online, you must do it on the phone or in person. All of the sites with full hook-ups are taken by long-term folks (probably staying there while their homes are being rebuilt from the tornadoes and hurricane?), so they are $20 a night for water/electric. When you register over the phone, you are charged an additional $15 fee. (When I checked in, they said I would receive a refund of that $15 as a check in the mail…?). When I called the day of check-in to get the gate code, they had no idea who I was and initially wanted me to pay for a site, again. After some shuffling they finally found my paperwork.

The tent-only side still looks fine. Plush grass, large spaced out sites.

However, the RV side looks a bit rough. The sites are no longer gravel, just dirt (or, this weekend, mud) and some grass. The sites aren’t maintained between campers (as I got a half burned log, empty pack of smokes, and paper plates in mine). I was actually placed on site 7, which on the campground map is NOT a “buddy” (shared) site, and told to just plug into the same pole as the guy on Actual Site 7. Thankfully he was 50A and I was 30A so it worked out. (Although oddly enough, several full sites remained empty the whole time I was there). It rained most of the weekend, and everything was covered in wet dirt chunks when I left.

The bath house… could use a little love and a fresh coat of paint. If you can avoid the side bathrooms (maybe handicapped? The ones with just a toilet and shower), then do so. Aside from teeming with flying wildlife (which, it’s South Georgia, you have to kind of expect that), it could have used a good cleaning. The regular restrooms were passable (better than some gas stations but not as clean as state/national park I usually visit).

I understand that the area was impacted by a hurricane last year… but a little bit of cleanliness and care goes a long way.

Private even though it's right off the interstate

Absolutely love Fair harbor! The staff is great, they have a little store that sells amenities and lots of basic camping gear. Have 24 hour laundry, multiple showers with amazing water pressure, and multi stall and private bath houses including handicap access. A private [stocked] lake that toured welcome to fish, without needing a license. They have lots of permanent campers here, who pay their lot rent and have their own electric meter. In a standard RV site all amenities are included, water hookup, sewer, electric with 110, 30 and 50 amp hookups, cable and wifi! As well as little cabins for rent. Also horse stables and storage if you stay longer!

Clean & Convenient pit stop off of I75

This campground isn’t super remarkable (lots of RV’s in close proximity, noise from the interstate). But it’s bathrooms/showers are brand new and kept very clean. Great pit stop for a few days before we head into the mountains. You’ll find permanent residents here as well as stopping-through campers. Fairgrounds are close so it probably fills up when events come through.

WiFi here is so-so and you often get booted off. On there website they say WiFi is free with stay. But once we got there we learned we were capped at 1 GB per day. You can buy more for $15.

Pull through sights are convenient and easy. Horse stables and a goat pasture are also on property. The town of Perry and Warner Robins have all amenities you could need. Really great coffee shop in downtown Perry called Bodega Brew. Fast WiFi and awesome hazelnut latte.