the dyrt
$30 - $38
Private
Riverbend is located in Georgia
2 Reviews of Riverbend

We camped at Riverbend Campground November 19 – 24, 2018 on site C-17. Our site was next to the roadway but this wasn’t a problem because there was very little traffic. We did not have sewer on our site but every other day the staff would come by on a tractor to pump the sewer from RV. The park had gravel roads, gravel sites, picnic tables, fire ring, 20/30/50amp, cable and water; most sites had sewer. There are around 40 sites backed up to river bank (nice), a small store, firewood, a pavilion, pool, laundry room and clean bathrooms. The park is well maintain and the personnel were nice.

This was our first time and we found it to be very relaxing. We stayed through Thanksgiving and the park had a Thanksgiving dinner gathering for the whole park. The park supplied the meat and the campers supplied two sides. This was a big gathering; I guess about 225 people. Standing in line was enjoyable because it gave us a chance to talk with other campers that we did not know.

I only gave it a 4 rating because of gravel sites and road. We will be going back and I encourage others to go.

Very nice privately owned campground right on the Hiawassee River

This was my first stay at Riverbend. The sites are fairly roomy and many have a lot of shade. I stayed in section H, which did not have shade though. The road and sites are all gravel. My site was very level. Water, electric and sewer hookups were well situated, although the water hookup is in a large pipe about a foot below ground level and mine had flooded from recent heavy rains. I had to scoop out water to find the spigot. There is cable and wifi. The bath houses are very nice and were kept very clean. The campground is only about 5 minutes from Hiawassee, so it was very convenient to go to the grocery store or to buy gas. The highest point in Georgia, Brasstown Bald, is only about 20 minutes' drive. There are numerous trails to hike nearby, including the Appalachian Trail. The mountain views are beautiful. I plan to return to Riverbend next year.