The best RV SITES camping near
Matthews , GEORGIA

Most Recent Matthews Camping Reviews
Little gem

This was our first stay, but not our last. This small campground is spacious, clean, quiet, with a little hiking thrown in. It was a relaxing stay for us and the dogs loved it. We will be back.

Great Primitive sites!

My son and I went to the primitive sites and had a blast. The sites are really spread out and really clean. We were able to find plenty of firewood and used the fire rind and stand to cook our dinner. Would definitely go here again.

Basics provided, but nothing special

The campground was fine. Hookups were accessible and Mike the office manager was easy to work with. The pads for the back in smaller campers were sandy with a concrete pad next to it. The sand was impossible to keep out of the RV and we continuously had to sweep. There were also no fire pits or communal areas / playgrounds, so it was difficult to keep our toddler entertained. Served it's purpose as a one night stay but not great for longer term

What an amazing find!

We stopped here for one night in December, passing through. The park had a beautiful Christmas light display with hot chocolate and a Christmas movie playing on a big screen. The park staff were so friendly. There is a small lake with boat rentals. Campground is clean. We want to return and stay longer!

Quiet and spacious

Spent the afternoon here to hike and relax. The camp/RV sites are nice and spaced out. The bathrooms were sparkling! There’s a dump station as well as laundry and showers. I had 1-2 bars with Verizon LTE so I received texts but couldn’t really get online if needed.

I hiked a trail loop to the primitive camp sites since that’s my preferred way to camp so I could see if this was somewhere I’d like to come camp in the future. The trail was easy to follow and the campsites are so spaced out you really feel like You have the woods to yourself! Each spot had a fire ring and nice pad to set up your tent. There’s a boat dock so make sure you bring your canoes and kayaks to explore.

Nice waterfront campground

We stayed in site 25 for 2 nights (Th and Fr) in early Dec. The campground was pretty empty on the Thursday night but was full on Friday night. Even when full, the campground was pretty quiet. There is a playground and picnic pavilion across the road from this site. There is a streetlight right in front of this site - maybe the only one in the campground. Our RV blocked most of the light from our picnic area, but thought it worth noting if you like star gazing or want a darker site at night. The bathroom/shower is pretty small but was heated. Firewood available from the camp host. We walked the trail from the campground to the mill and did part of the red trail - not amazing trails but definitely pleasant walks without needing to drive. Beautiful sunset views from this site. Would definitely stay here again. (If you’re traveling alone, be careful to not book the “buddy sites” which we almost did - sites 17 & 18 I think?)

Spacious sites

A lot of the sites are on the waters edge and offers beautiful views. The red clay was horrible though, especially with a white dog and after it rained. We had site 145, beautiful views but difficult to maneuver into the site and access the water, but we made it work. We would return though. Site 144 and 143 had gorgeous views of the sunset…I’ve heard 108 and 77 are prime spots. Be aware of booking a site and how you’re awning will face! Bathhouse is about 1/2 mile away, so too far to walk when you have to go. Not many bathhouses either so there was a line for the shower (only 2 shower stalls and 3 toilets for at least 75 campsites with the tent sites included). Only 2 single access dump stations for the entire park, so there was a line of 8-10 campers at both on a Sunday morning!

Quiet,clean and level

Small campground, but awesome sites. Level and clean concrete pad. Nice picnic table provided. Full hookups and all have a view of the water even if you aren’t right on a water site. Very spacious sites with plenty of room. Bathrooms are clean and tiled. The water saver shower was a little strange at first as I had not seen one like it before. Push button that stays on for like 30 seconds. You have to keep pushing the button, but it wasn’t too bad. Two washer and dryers in front of the bathrooms that are free to use. Plenty of walk area for dog walks. No playground or frills but we personally don’t need those things and really enjoyed this campground.

Awesome place to stay

Joe’s RV park is a awesome place to stay. We have stayed here for several months with awesome rates.

The campground is spotless!

We really like campgrounds that have a lot of room, space between each site and easy sites to get in to. AH Stephen’s fits that bill! Comfort station was very clean, hosts available if needed and the campground wasn’t overly packed with campers on top of each other.