The best GROUP camping near
Coleman , GEORGIA

Most Recent Coleman Camping Reviews
Great Campground

Very chill, quaint campground. Has a cute bath and laundry house. Best part was the owners though, they are super sweet and accommodating! We would definitely come again.

Overnight

Camped here for one night Jan.1, 2021. Fine for the night, nothing special. Staff are friendly and accommodating. However, the area is not inviting. Camping spaces are close together.

Great family friendly campground with lots of activities

Best place to camp if your planning to visit Providence Canyon. Campground is large with lots of amenities. On site marina with boat launch so bring your boat. The lake is gorgeous! Sites are well laid out but wide open to every one else. Not many that are very private. The campground has a miniature golf course on site for a fun time with the kids. Bath house are clean and well kept. Downside is other than walking the roads with in the park, not many nature trails. Dogs didn’t mind either way.

Nice campground and a perfect location to Providence Canyon

Stayed on a long pull- through site #9. Full hook-ups was a nice surprise. Sites are spacious, campground was full and it didn’t feel crowded. Nice park to take a walk l, you can rent a boat and I hear there’s some great fishing ( I’m not a fisherman). Stayed there to visit Providence Canyon. There’s two playgrounds, nothing special but my kids got a chance to play a bit and stretch after the drive. Cell service can be challenging, T-mobile was only Edge service ( remember that?) was able to stream video for my kids on AT&T and Verizon. My site was totally wooded and that could have contributed to the difficulty in cell service.

Wish it was open to the public

Only downside is that you have to be military, or be with someone who is military, to get in. There’s a range of cabin styles to choose from. My girlfriend loved the chateau. It’s not camping. It’s a vacation house in the woods. Absolutely beautiful. The grounds are nice, but there are alligators.

Historic and beautiful

We spent one night here and ended up leaving due to rain, but it really is a wonderful park. The mounds are mysterious and beautiful, the trails were great, and the view of the lake was terrific. I’ll say that the comfort station wasn’t all that well maintained. Plus there was still detritus from previous campers at our site when we arrived (and we arrived late). Nothing was filthy, mind: it just didn’t have that attention to detail we’ve seen at other state parks. Overall, however: a brilliant experience.

Nice Campground Close to the Canyon

Most campers come here to boat and fish.  Not us, we came to hike.  Drove 12 hours just to hike at Providence Canyon and it was worth the drive to see the Canyon and to stay at this relaxing park. It’s not a big park and there’s not a lot to do within the campground but it’s very peaceful.   Our site did have a lot of trash in the fire pit and the layout of the site and the large 5th wheel on the site behind us kept us from using the sewer hookup because it sits so far back in our site.  Overall I would definitely come back if we where in the area.

i don't recommend

We've been road tripping for the past 7 days and have stayed at new campsites everyday but this one has definitely been our LEAST favorite. we stayed in a tent and luckily had quite a big site but then again we were the only people there last night so we kind of used land from another site. we had to deal with coyotes outside of our tent all night whining and rustling the leaves. the lake is anything but one, it looks like it's the designated dump station for the RV. I recommend loads of bug spray and to keep an eye open for snakes. i feel as though the photos on their site are extremely misleading. the bathrooms aren't bad, they're actually pretty nice. i didn't have good cell service, i mainly stayed between 1-2 bars. the outlets don't hold plugs all that well and we bought fans in the middle of the night for the heat. there are plenty of cockroaches around the camp sites so i say look out for that. it's not necessarily a HORRIBLE place it's just not worth the 30 something dollars it cost. also, this is a personal opinion, but the town and the campground in general just give off bad vibes. just be careful.

Very Quiet and Secluded

I had booked to stay here for 2 nights, but ended up only staying for 1 because my children were ready to go home. Our site was very nice, and we could even see the lake from our site even though we were not lake front.

The bathhouse was ok. The showers could have been a little cleaner, but you had steady water the whole time (instead of pushing the button for 30 seconds of water).

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Nice Campground, Nice hiking trails several Geos

All the campsites are pretty level, some on the water and very nice. Verizon service is sketchy and for the most part useless, AT&T the same….