The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Genoa , COLORADO

Camping Colorado Genoa Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Genoa Camping Reviews
A free place to stopover

Not much to say, just a few minutes off of i-70. You will have a couple miles of gravel road on the way to the area. As of the time of this review October of 2020 the reservoir is empty. Apparently the only time it's allowed to keep water is when the downstream people don't need water. We arrived at night and didn't have time to look for a proper site so we just pulled off the circled loop drive period. Had to do 3 and 1/2 in of leveling on the driver's side. Beware on the ground there are thorny plants on the fround that will get stuck in your shoes. Overall a pretty boring site, the kids did enjoy looking at local plant life but other than that it's just a quiet place to sleep. There was some cars that drove around the perimeter drive but none of them came into the loop we are at.

Just Okay

As the title says, just okay. Nothing great, nothing bad. I stayed down the end of the drive. A little dirtier, dusty. If you stay up around the ridge, it’s all grass. But it’s also all open. Not much of a view. No attraction lead off from here. Literally just free place to camp. A lot of Highway noise. Luckily the coyotes reminded me I wasn’t on the highway. LOL

It’s A Place To Stay

This for me was only a stop over. If it was going to be something nice to check out, I’d stay a couple nights. But it’s not. So it’s one night and moved on. There was me down in the lower spot. And one other vehicle up at the top. A lot of highway nice.

Super helpful I-70 stop.

Huge help for those headed west on I-70. Maybe only 8 spots total, some of which can be driven through. Spots are all pretty much the same scrub terrain, not much of a view. No ticks that I saw. Coyotes make a ton of noise at night, but won't come near your camp.

Perfect Overnight Spot

If you’re traveling on I-70, this little spot is an easy pull off for free camping. We got in at 10:30pm and had no trouble finding a spot to put up our tent. It was quiet and easy. If you’re looking for water there is none, the reservoir is dried up.

No Ticks

Great free spot. Lots of little loops and tables to set up by. There is also a gas station down the road if you need any small things.

My dog was out and about exploring, have yet to find a tick on him even a week later.

A great first dispersed camping experience

Free! And you've gotta love free camping. We weren't able to find any amenities when we got in around 21:30 and set up in the dark. We saw the picnic tables some have talked about on our way out this morning. Went to (39.2902069, -102.9839294) and found a small loop with space to pull off and set up tents.

Flagler Reservoir

Peace and quite. Boondock for the night to get some sleep, got in late. Each site has a sheltered picnic table. Vault toilets on each side of the dry reservoir, nothing special. The peace and quite was great, nothing but the wind.

Nice KOA on Interstate

Friendly staff and nice pool. Bathrooms need updating but a decent place to stay while traveling.

Terrible Experience

DO NOT CAMP OUT HERE!!  This place is covered with more Ticks than I have ever seen in my life.  We camped out there for two nights.  In that time we pulled numerous ticks off of our dog, ourselves, and out of our RV.  After coming home, my wife found another one in her hair after she had already showered and examined once.  We also found another on the dog when we gave her a bath immediately after coming home.  We left all clothes in the garage until we can wash in hot water and I am Fogging the RV.