Camping in San Juan Hot Springs

373 Reviews of 41 San Juan Hot Springs, California Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

$$ But a beautiful park

Arrived to a very pleasant staff member…beautiful view of the valley below and the mountains…easy back in sites all on an angle so you aren’t right next to your neighbor… clean well lighted BR/Showers…small store next to office, again with very friendly, helpful staff

SiteC33
Steve A.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Great KOA

Clean bathrooms and laundry rooms. Friendly staff and very helpful to this RV newbie.

B
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Great summer beach camping spot!

It’s hard to get into a camping spot here because you have to reserve a spot up to 6 months in advance for summer camping because it is so popular. Great beach, so much fun, but plan ahead!

Amelia F.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Lots of space and great surf!

California beach camping can be very hard to come by. Unlike some other campgrounds in Southern California this one gives you ample room to move around and set up camp. You can see the ocean from most sites too which is a huge perk since that is the reason most people camp along the coast. The walk…

Month of VisitNovember
Rosie H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Facilities, but not a good time

$40 for a parking space 1.5 miles from a surf beach.

It has fire pits, flush toilets, and showers with hot water, but it lacks privacy, nature, and the feeling of getting away from the city.

Sara H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

First time we were treated like trash but

Came back in RV and got treated different first time we were in tents. Ranger totally reporemend an employee right in front of us very unprofessional and rude. As for our next few times were completely different. Had a blast the ducks were kind of snooty no fault of the park, lol but we still…

Site77 I think
Month of VisitApril
Christina P.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

View Is Amazing

We stayed here in September 2020. The camp site is well maintained and the people were friendly. Showers and bathrooms were clean. The walk to the beach is steep. And the beach has pebbles. We had an awesome time. No regrets!

Sitedon’t remember. in the middle
Month of VisitOctober
Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Nice spots, clean bathrooms, good amenities

We stayed 1 night, loved the quick walk to the beach.
The resort is nice, about what you expect for space at an urban resort.
We went during the pandemic, so we were unable to take advantage of all that the resort had to offer.

Sitenot sure
Month of VisitNovember
P
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Full timers

Park is full of full time campers. Lots of clutter and unsightly sites of makeshift roofs and enclosures. I drove thru to check it out and will not be staying. Might be a great place to live, but not for camping purposes.

M
Reviewed May. 20, 2021

Excellent for Van Camping!!

This was so beautiful and so clean! Everything was neatly placed and accessible. Beautiful hike to the beach, bathrooms were clean and our location was terrific!

Haley S.

Quiet and comfortable

Very quiet and comfortable place to spend the night! The hike to the beach was okay but pretty close to a busy road. Spotty cell service but that's fine by me when I'm camping! Very clean bathrooms. Overall pleasant stay.

Sandra L.The Dyrt PRO User

Honda Fit camper first Camp site

So I converted my Honda Fit into a camper for mine and my pup camping adventures. This was our test location. The drive was extremely easy with a couple of rocky areas that made me slow down to 5mph and under to not damage the bottom of my H Fit. (Didn’t mind thanks to its amazing views.!) We…

M
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Kicked Out -WTF?

We just snagged the last open site and started setting up when two National Forest officers showed up and told us the campground is closed. They said it was due to an “emergency response to some tree disease” and they needed to do some cutting. Whoever heard of emergency tree-felling? Apparently…

SiteNONE-GOT KICKED OUT!
N
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Mid Fall Camping w/the Bois

Pretty nice camp ground. Clean and quite. Close enough to the beach. Decent facilities and nice hosts/front gate persons. Site was well maintained and fit 3 tents and 3 cars.

SiteSM072
Month of VisitDecember
Stephanie V.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

NOPE!

If you like to camp on a dirt patch in VERY close proximity to neighbors, surrounded by chain link fence(!), then you may enjoy this place. For us, no way. Super expensive and not at all worth it. I would have rather slept on the side of a road. This is not what I consider camping.

Month of VisitDecember