The best RV SITES camping near
South Lead Hill , ARKANSAS

Most Recent South Lead Hill Camping Reviews
Primative camping

Large camping spots with a shower house and restrooms

Beautiful Area, Clean Campsites & Bathrooms

Pros:

-Campground was completely empty when I arrived on a Thursday evening in December.

-Sites are separated by trees, so some privacy.

-There are more than one compositing toilet on site& they are cleaned regularly.

-Beautiful cliff views are a short walk away.

Cons:

-No water access, so bring your own

Great for a night!

Great spot to stop for a night while traveling. Basically just a parking lot behind Lambert's Cafe, but with full hookups for $30. Self serve station for registering makes it easy. Relatively quiet considering it's location. We were able to refill our water, empty our tanks, have a great meal at Lambert's and get a good night's sleep before heading out again. I wouldn't want to make a vacation location out of it but it's great for a place to rest while traveling.

Best Campsite on the Buffalo

I love this campsite. Road has improved and was more than passable even after heavy rains. Campsite is remote with great access to trials and the River. Not for Car Camping or RVing. Strictly a FCFS use area so come early. You will not regret it.

This place is awesome!

Stopped in here on a recent family vacation through the Ozarks. The Outfitter store has everything you could need and more. The staff was very friendly. The canoe rates and shuttle rates were very fair and the food in the kitchen was delicious. Try the Sasquatch BLT!

Crowded Holiday Weekend

Place was fine and well kept. Convenient store and pool and playground were nice. Went on a holiday weekend so I expected it to be crowded. Didnt expect such small tent sites so close together. If it isn't crowded not a big deal.

River views!

My friends have been trying to get us here for a few years and we finally made the drive. It did not disappoint! We shared a “buddy site” because we have tiny campers. I typically like to hike and do other activities when we camp, but here, I was content with sitting and watching the River all day. There was an eagles nest on the other side of the river, so we got to Eagle watch all day as they circled the river hunting for their dinner. It was AMAZING!!

There is a camp store with all things fishing, plus a few other things you might need. They sell firewood on site here.

There is a really nice wildflower walking trail that you can walk to from the campground. There is a playground and amphitheater as well. A small wedding took place while we were here and that was nice (even though they left lots of fake flowers behind on the ground, so I got that cleaned up).

Beware: The sites along the River are very close together and many of them have the picnic tables on the wrong side. Kinda strange if you are next to someone with their table on the correct side!

Our favorite spot!

My fiancé and I have been here several times with our dogs and always have the best time! The hosts are the sweetest and make it feel so homey!

Holy Buffalo!

Beautiful area. Gorgeous views and wildlife everywhere! Family is currently here for our annual Christmas Vacation.

Off the beaten path