Smackover, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Smackover Camping Reviews
Great Park!

This park has it going on! Undoubtedly the quietest park we’ve ever visited. Very clean and well kept. Nice, manicured trails for walking or biking. Nice fishing lake as well. The AR Game and Fish stock with FL strain largemouth! Definitely worth visiting!

Nice small park

All the sites were concrete and level. Most sites had nice level tent pads as well. Restrooms were very clean. There was a large playground for children. We did not get to walk the trail as it rained on us most of the time we were there. We will go back and hope for better weather.

Nice

The area we camped in (tent sites only) was very nice. We enjoyed fishing from the bank, a short walk from our campsite.

Fantastic facilities

I camped on two occasions while in north LA on business. Bath houses are new, clean and climate controlled. Plenty of sites to choose from when I stayed though all of the waterfront sites were taken. Family friendly, not rowdy. I’d take young kids without hesitation if mine weren’t grown.

Secluded primitive camping

Great primitive camping right by the lake. A few good spots to park boats/boards on the bank steps away from the campsite. Restroom with no sink or showers. Running water on site. Boat ramp is large concrete. Free to camp. Great spot to pitch a tent and get away from it all

Very nice park

It’s a really nice place to camp. They do have restrooms but they need more attention put towards them. They have a big pavilion with a massive grill if your just interested in day use only. The fishing piers are well built and very nice. No showers and it’s primitive camping only…but I would recommend this park.

Nice State Park

Nice hilly trails, very nice lake views, TONS of deer, nice little beach area. Very similar to Lake Darbonne State Park just a little older and shabbier, still very nice.

Great Park

Nice hilly trails for hiking, huge/nice pool, nice cabins, fishing piers, plenty of tent and RV spots. I've never seen it overly crowded. Really one of the state's nicer parks.

Not the greatest place

Overgrown and neglected. I drove the miles to visit, so I stayed anyway. It can be done! Would be cool spot if it was cleaned and properly maintained.

Beautiful Area

Very nice campground, great area for kids. Campsite was right on the lake and had a gorgeous sunset. Bathrooms werent the greatest but still good. The only really bad thing was that there was poison ivy all around our campsight.