Fordyce, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Fordyce Camping Reviews
Nice, quaint setting

The campground sits on Arkansas Game and Fish Cox Creek Lake. Nice, family friendly atmosphere. Great fishing lake, swimming and kayaking are popular. A well built fishing pier is ADA accessible as are the bath houses.

Nice facility, Corp managed

Clean, family friendly, plenty of room. Temps above 50* mean stock up on big repellent. Sits on the banks of the Arkansas River. Great place until the Corp closes it down for weather or political reasons. I’d give more than three stars but the Corp has a poor track record keeping parks open.

Nice park, great lake

Very nice, newer bathhouse facilities. Friendly staff, family friendly place. Cane Creek Lake has great fishing. Clean park. Bring your own firewood.

Caddo River Access

Campsites are small and close together but very well kept. Grills, fire Rings, and picnic tables available. Nice shaded area for tent camping. They are very close to the outfitter drop spot. Right on the river. Bathroom facilities are very nice and well kept. Outfitter has very nice quality boats for rent as well. Pleasant first experience with staff. Be warned that the campsite is right off a highway bridge so a decent amount of traffic through at all times. Stores located close by.

Clean and well located!

Really clean and well maintained. Bathrooms were cleaned few times per day and had A/C! Spots were generous and most had a covered picnic table. We had plenty of space, 50/30/15 amp service and water at all the sites. Great views of the lake and Bull Shoals Dam, just about 5 miles from Bull Shoals State Park on the White River for some world class trout fishing. The lake has all the fishing you might want, bass, crappie, and walleye are abundant.

Great weekend getaway!

This is an awesome place to camp and get away without going too far! It is located a little south of central Arkansas so it’s easily accessible to the whole state. It’s also very affordable and has great amenities. The camp sites have good shade and are all close to the water. You can start fires, keep your vehicle right by, and bring your furry friend along too! The float is also so much fun and accessible for all ages! There’s so much to see and the water actually moves instead of you having to paddle the whole way. All the staff is friendly and there’s little stores, ice, and firewood available nearby.

Gorgoeus park with fun activities

We visited Cane Creek over Memorial Day weekend. The sites were level. We did have several fire ant hills that we had to deal with and quite a few red wasps. We were able to watch numerous birds (pileated woodpeckers) and even saw a swamp rat swimming in the lake (resembles a beaver with a skinny tail). There are water and electricity hookups with a bathroom close by. We rode bikes so it didn’t take long to get the the restroom. You can rent kayaks for very reasonable. Do it! The water trail is unlike any I have seen. Don’t miss out on the hiking trails, but watch out for ticks!

Friendly Staff

Stopped in while traveling with no reservation on my bike. The campground was full but they did find me a spot for tent camping for the night. The staff went out of their way to assist me with getting a spot, helping me with onsite facilities, and they even made phone calls to assist me with local road closings for my next days route. Very clean bathrooms and shower facilities. The laundry facility was nice and well kept. The park is set up more for RV use but once again they were very accommodating. Although I didn’t use the pool it did look nice a several kids made use of it while I was there. The only downside and only if you’re tent camping there is traffic noise due to being close to the interstate, however it is also convenient if just passing through.

Our first camping trip was a great success. We camped 2.5 days at Cane Creek State Park in Star City, Arkansas.

Our Review: The camp sites were very nice, all had either 30 amp or 50 amp electric hook ups and water. The electricity was super convenient with having the space heater in the tent. Most of the sites have nice views of the water too! It was a little too cold to fish but from what we’ve gathered from the visitor’s center they have some decent fishing and lots of other activities! Cane Creek offers several options like fishing, boating, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, biking, etc. There was a boat dock specific for campers closer to the campsites. We were very pleased with the bath house which was really clean and fairly central to all campsites. We will definitely be back when it warms up to test out the fishing!