Corning, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Corning Camping Reviews
Awesome Park.

Great park to visit. Has paddle boats, lake to fish, boat ramp to Black River, newly updated campgrounds with all the hookups, playground for the kiddos, plenty of trails. Staff is awesome and do well taking care of the park.

Best campground

Best campground we have been to.

Wandering

Lake Wappapello SP is a refreshing little get away. We took a girls weekend in the fall and enjoyed the trails and fall foliage…which was mostly already on the ground. The lake, though to cold to enjoy , was beautiful. We followed a wandering trail around the edge which was interesting to attempt to follow due to the leaves on the ground. There are two campgrounds, one is closed for the season. The other had nice size sites with facilities. I like the separate “patio” with cooking and dining area. Needless to say it was quiet, off season leaves the area empty. There are a lot of things to see in the area and Lake Wappapello is a nice base to travel from or you can stay at the lake exclusively and enjoy water sports and hiking.

Very nice place

We have been there twice and will be going back there this spring. Nice camping areas and the fishing was good. Also has a nice swimming area. It also has a hiking trail that is paved.

Clean, quiet and convenient

I don’t normally stay in these types of campgrounds, but this was a pleasant overnight stay and reasonably priced for full hookups at $35. Plus they have propane for sale and a little store on site. The campground is open year round and there looks to be some year round residents, but it’s a clean, well tended campground and the care the owners give it is apparent.

The camp hosts were efficient and helpful. I was led directly to the site and was literally guided in by one camp host. Another sent me a welcome message via a camping group to which I belong. Nice touches.

The campground sits on a hill so the sites are terraced and there are mature trees everywhere. The trash bins were located up the hill from my site. Not a problem for me to access, but someone with mobility issues might find the location less than ideal. Perhaps you could drive to them. I found the campground roads navigable but narrow, and they appeared to be one way, but I didn’t see markings. So it could be confusing to figure out how to drive there.

My site was gravel, fairly level and the hook ups were conveniently located and in great condition. Some of the sites are spaced apart rather tightly. They each come with a picnic bench. There are larger sites and pull thru sites available too.

The highlight for me is the convenient location of this campground as a layover on the way to another destination. That being said, Poplar Bluff looked like it would be an interesting little town to visit at some point and perhaps Camelot would serve as a good jumping off point for this and other points of interest in the area as well. I wish the checkout was at noon instead of 11 am, but that’s just my personal preference.

I would stay here again.

Simply Stunning

If you are looking for a beautiful RV or tent site on the water, look here. There is a massive lake, perfect for a quiet day on the water. We kayaked out to an island and did some fishing. We didn’t catch anything, but it was relaxing. Campground was oddly quiet, especially after dark… we were the only site with a fire going.

Hiking, biking and equestrian trails. Boat and jet ski rentals in season.

Small, but mighty

Great little park. Swimming area was a little weak, but otherwise a great spot for a weekend. Super clean shower facilities. Lake across the street for a decent kayak day. Bring bug spray I bulk, mosquitoes were super bad.

Family loved this place!

Kayaking and fishing was great! Beautiful place to stay!

Great place to swim!

Kids had a blast here! We did paddle boating and walked the trails!

Great place to swim and fish!

The family had a lot of fun! We kayaked around the lake and had a blast!