Camden, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Camden Camping Reviews
Nice, quaint setting

The campground sits on Arkansas Game and Fish Cox Creek Lake. Nice, family friendly atmosphere. Great fishing lake, swimming and kayaking are popular. A well built fishing pier is ADA accessible as are the bath houses.

Secluded primitive camping

Great primitive camping right by the lake. A few good spots to park boats/boards on the bank steps away from the campsite. Restroom with no sink or showers. Running water on site. Boat ramp is large concrete. Free to camp. Great spot to pitch a tent and get away from it all

Caddo River Access

Campsites are small and close together but very well kept. Grills, fire Rings, and picnic tables available. Nice shaded area for tent camping. They are very close to the outfitter drop spot. Right on the river. Bathroom facilities are very nice and well kept. Outfitter has very nice quality boats for rent as well. Pleasant first experience with staff. Be warned that the campsite is right off a highway bridge so a decent amount of traffic through at all times. Stores located close by.

Very nice park

It’s a really nice place to camp. They do have restrooms but they need more attention put towards them. They have a big pavilion with a massive grill if your just interested in day use only. The fishing piers are well built and very nice. No showers and it’s primitive camping only…but I would recommend this park.

Great weekend getaway!

This is an awesome place to camp and get away without going too far! It is located a little south of central Arkansas so it’s easily accessible to the whole state. It’s also very affordable and has great amenities. The camp sites have good shade and are all close to the water. You can start fires, keep your vehicle right by, and bring your furry friend along too! The float is also so much fun and accessible for all ages! There’s so much to see and the water actually moves instead of you having to paddle the whole way. All the staff is friendly and there’s little stores, ice, and firewood available nearby.

Friendly Staff

Stopped in while traveling with no reservation on my bike. The campground was full but they did find me a spot for tent camping for the night. The staff went out of their way to assist me with getting a spot, helping me with onsite facilities, and they even made phone calls to assist me with local road closings for my next days route. Very clean bathrooms and shower facilities. The laundry facility was nice and well kept. The park is set up more for RV use but once again they were very accommodating. Although I didn’t use the pool it did look nice a several kids made use of it while I was there. The only downside and only if you’re tent camping there is traffic noise due to being close to the interstate, however it is also convenient if just passing through.

Not the greatest place

Overgrown and neglected. I drove the miles to visit, so I stayed anyway. It can be done! Would be cool spot if it was cleaned and properly maintained.

We had a blast!

This weekend we camped at DeGray Lake Resort State Park in Bismarck, Arkansas. We had a blast! DeGray Lake has a lot to offer for groups large and small wanting to get away. It has several camping spaces with water and electric hook ups (about $22/night), yurts (about $55/night), a lodge (about $100/night), a marina to rent boats or buy bait, several daily activities for children or adults of all ages (some free and some about $5-15/person), horse riding stables (no experience required, about $30/ride 1 hour trail), a full golf course, playgrounds, pavilions, overall clean facilities, and a restaurant. Although our bank fishing experience wasn’t so great, I’m sure with a boat it would have been better. And for those that want to make the camping trip into the ultimate family vacation, this park is about a 30 minute drive from Hot Springs, AR where there is tons to do like restaurants, mini golf, shopping, and we even decided to get ice cream at Scoops (24 homemade flavors and delicious)! We will definitely be back for a visit!!

Great time!

We had a great time at Degray, it wad our first family camping trip. The park was nice including the swimming area. The only downfall was that the site we stayed at (unfortunately I don't remember the number) was close to a busy highway. We would definitely go back but not stay in the same spot.

Amazing Hosts!!

This is a really nice campground!! The charge about $20 for tent camping, which is what I did. They have a pool and very clean bathhouse and laundry facility! Owners are super nice people that seem willing to work with us on anything. Even offered us popsicles after biking here! Not much around for shopping but there is Caddo Valley about 1.2 miles away that has fast food and gas stations. A little bit of road noise from interstate but that’s my only complaint!