The best WALK IN camping near
Bodcaw , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Bodcaw Camping Reviews
Wonderful Views

Best camp ground. Very kid friendly and pet friendly. Most of the spots have some of the best views you have ever seen. Wonderful playground for the kids.

Campground is really nice and convenient to the crater. Very hot Diamond mining in the summer as there is very little to no shade in the crater. Nice swimming creek nearby.

Awesome place

Even though we set up and it rained 1.5+ inches (we are tenters) it is one of my favorite places ever. Great hikes, rich history and it's all free! Be sure too check out the church and old town of rock creek

Nice park, great fishing

Beautiful park with clean facilities and excellent fishing. Would recommend.

Great spot

Only stayed one night but accommodations were great. No one was using any of the tent spots. No problem setting up hammock. Great views of the lake. Bathrooms very nice and clean. Very quite and looks like they have plenty to keep you busy. Would definitely recommend this spot.

Awesome Opportunity

This park has an unique opportunity while camping; hunting for diamonds. The whole family loves this park!

The kids will spend hours playing in the mud and hunting for diamonds right along with the adults:-)  There is definitely fun for all at this unusual opportunity to find real diamonds and/or gems.

A Gorgeous Nature Retreat!

Beautiful and Peaceful place on Degray Lake with mountains as a back drop. Lots of wildlife and very peaceful; the Bald Eagles are an extra treat.

Great Family Camping

We visited over Labor Day weekend and really enjoyed our experience. The sites are all very well kept, level and offer plenty of space. We were able to have our small camper with the addition of a rooftop tent, and a standard size tent with no problem.

All sites are level, have a solid picnic table, fire pit with grill grate, a separate grill, and a large flat area for a tent.

We also visited the mining experience and spent an afternoon searching for diamonds. We did not come away rich, but enjoyed getting dirty and searching as a family. I would recommend bringing something for shade while digging. You can get equipment there, but a small shovel, small bucket and a sifter will save you some money.

We also visited the local lake for a day on the beach.

We plan on coming back!

Just off the freeway

Small campgrounds with a pool just off the freeway. Quaint place, with porch swings on RV Site! Noise of freeway heard up til midnight! Staff are friendly, $44/ night.

Dr Jekyl and Mary Poppins

This campground was very well kept. The shower house and laundry building was very nice. The woman was very helpful for weary bikers, my husband and I. Rules for after hours was pay in envelope at check in or first thing in morning. It was rainy and cool we had been riding all day in poor weather. Tired, we thru up the tent and fell out. We woke around 8 am my husband didn't have correct change and in comes Dr Jekyl. My husband and I  found the exact change and all was well. We were both worn out and decided to stay another night when we approached the man my husband said look were road beaten and can we get the 6 dollars we were short the next morning this man literally kicked us off the property after he suggested we move to a site where trees will block the cold wind. So we moved and set the tent and things back up. The woman you could tell was embarrassed. And humiliated. She knew I was exhausted trying to beat the winter storms and snow. It could have been a very nice stay until Dr Jekyl appeared.