Amity, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Amity Camping Reviews
Weekend stay

Park Rangers were nice and helpful, the other campers were great! The area could use some weeding and mowing. The bathhouses could use some cleaning. I do wish there was a play ground area for the kids. Overall a decent stay and would book again but in a different site. We had a great time. Site 34 backed up to a “swampier area of the lake” as it rained it got closer to camp and nearly took out the fire pit of the site next door.

Clean with a dog park

D26 Back-in full hook-ups, fire ring & picnic table. 2 nights - Memorial Day weekend. Good spot, close to bath rooms/shower house/cafe. Pretty level - just 1 leveling block was all we needed for our pop-up. Lots of amenities- cafe, fishing pond, small general store, playground and off leash dog area. Staff was very friendly. Escorted you to your spot and helped us back in. Shower house was always clean. Loved the dog park! We are just starting to travel with our 2 boxers and was so nice to have an area for them to run a bit. Cons - spots are very close, no privacy. Each spot has a very bright “porch” light that is on until Midnight

Nice place to camp with a rv or camper

It's it's a nice place to Camp RV but not for tent camping it would be better if they have places to put up a tent instead of on concrete.

Great Park!

This park has it going on! Undoubtedly the quietest park we’ve ever visited. Very clean and well kept. Nice, manicured trails for walking or biking. Nice fishing lake as well. The AR Game and Fish stock with FL strain largemouth! Definitely worth visiting!

Great, Large park

Just this past weekend, my husband and 3 kiddos set up camp at Degray for a couple of nights. As I write this review, AR state parks are currently the ONLY parks open in the state under Covid-19 restrictions and they are only open to self contained RVs (Re: with bathrooms). That said, I can only imagine that the bathrooms are nice and well maintained because the grounds, trash collection areas, and dump station were nice and well maintained.

This is not a small park. There are lots of sites, but somehow they’ve maintained enough wooded space between each site to feel fairly secluded. Had we had our bicycles with us we could have explored more. As it was, we had walkable access to two (three if we would have walked further) hiking trails and the water. The water was just beautiful. We fished and skipped stones and if it had been a touch bit warmer, we would’ve even taken a dip in the water too.

Overall, we will definitely be back. I remember coming to Lake Degray as a teenager to swim but was even more impressed coming back as a camper with kiddos.

Not in it to get rich

Took my littles and we had fun panning for a hot minute but the trails were good, the playground was good and the facilities were very clean! Something way out of our normal!

Great Park Programs!

Cabins were awesome, hiking was beautiful and kayaking the lake was fantastic! By far the best part of the trip was the events hosted by the Park… almost my whole family participated in eating mill worms at the edible bug workshop!

Quiet Experience

Very nice a clean little park. Nice views and love the river stream flowing along the camp sites. Great hiking just up the road to look over Blakey Dam.

So much beauty!

The cabins are beyond wonderful to stay in and well worth the price. Beautiful scenery and tons of activities for the whole family to enjoy. The rangers were great and offered a variety of informational classes and hikes. We will be back!

Pure bliss

We were so blessed to spend 14 days at this camp ground. They take no reservations it’s first come. My suggestion is to get there at 11:30 so if a site is available you can get it at 12:00.

We got a site right on the river it was heavenly . We have a clam was able to set it up right behind our rig. I lived in it and at night sitting there right by the river and seeing lightening bugs were so restorative to the soul.

Also it’s close enough to town if you are in shape could walk there or if you have a bike ride it into town.

Speaking of the town downtown was so quaint. I went to one of the bathhouses and it was a fun experience.

The sites are very spacious and nicely shaded.