Camping in Norman

26 Reviews of 3 Norman, Alabama Campgrounds

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Peach Queen campground

When we arrived the grass was very tall. They did mow today. Just not my site as we were occupying it. It has full hook ups. Not very much shade. My site has none. The bathrooms are dirty. The pool is a nice size. It could use a vacuum. There is a decent size jungle gym at the playground. My 8 year…

Site10A
Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Not what we hoped for

We stayed in the Antioch loop on site 93. The site was super close to 92 and 94. We felt we had no personal space. A couple kept walking through our campsite to get to a boat they had parked at our site. I love rustic but Antioch was not rustic, it was over grown and did not look maintained. We…

SiteAntioch 93
Genie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Peacefully Beautiful

We love Deerlick! Nice cleans sites, happy hosts, and clean bathhouse! We can’t wait to get back. The recreation options were endless.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

Not getting better !

They must do a good business. The sites are very close together. Site may have been stoned at one time but now its two tire paths. There is wifi but haven’t tried it. Tmoble signal is not bad. Dish depends on your site.

• we are on the right
David S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2021

One of my favorites

Probably one of the best kept secrets. Very clean and peaceful. Great get away location.

Greg W.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2020

I think that this is my favorite

Always enjoy Gunter Hill...plenty of space and scenery is good anytime of the year..we have been here several times..

Paige M.
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Love! Love! Love!

We're craft vendors at Tannehill Trade Days March- November and we've started camping out there every month. My grandkids absolutely love it. The ride their bikes, play in the creek, and eat great ice cream from the creamery!

• Twins in the creek
  • Waterfall near Trade Days Field
  • First time in the creek at Tannehill
F
Reviewed May. 30, 2020

Great resting spot

Its right off the interstate and easy in/out. They have late self check for any spot open. Nothing fancy but its clean. Tables were only at a couple of end-row spots. We stayed one night and only saw the staff once to pay heading out, friendly people. Didn't use the showers, restrooms, or pool,…

M
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2019

Tannehill

Very tight spots. Lots of trees though for cover. Tomany things to mention to do at this park, particularly for history buffs. Numerous events held there. We very much enjoyed our stay would go back

Nicole H.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2019

Beautiful Historic park

Great campsites creek for swimming and if your looking for a sweet treat stop in and grab some ice cream. Bathhouses need attention though wasn’t pleased.

Stephen R.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2019

Great if not in section 1

Section 1 is TIGHT but the remaining loops are great as long as you dont need sewer hookups!!!

Courtney T.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2019

One of my favorite campgrounds!

I’ve been camping here 2 or 3 times a year for the past 19 years. Wooded area, spacious campsites, & the cabins are always so clean. Trade days & Halloween are my favorite times to come. A couple of short hiking trails. A lot of history. Ironwork museum I think it’s like $1 or $2 a person…

Steve V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 4, 2019

Quiet and Relaxing

Two night stay on site 39. Love the large sites that are nicely separated from neighboring sites and overlook the water. Friendly staff and clean bathhouse. Only one bathhouse that is centrally located and is a decent walk from some sites. Only limited, easy hiking available in the park. No WiFi,…

Month of VisitApril