The best WALK IN camping near

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent West River Camping Reviews
Camping and Beer near climbing? Sign me up!

We stayed here on a Friday and Saturday in July of 2018 while on a climbing trip. The brewery offered dispersed tent camping on their spacious front lawn for $5/night and, given the number of vans present in the parking lot, I'd imagine they offered van camping at the same price. As far as standard camping amenities go, campers have access to an indoor restroom until the brewery itself closes, after which there are porta potties available. There is clean water available.

Some of the non-standard camping amenities include beer (duh), a food truck, several picnic tables, and board games. They also sell the official Ten Sleep climbing guidebook inside and are dog-friendly (must be leashed). The staff are really nice as well!

The only downside to camping here was the noise of a wedding afterparty that the brewery hosted one of the nights. However, this only lasted until 11pm and comes with the territory (I mean, you are camping at a brewery!). While it's certainly not the most remote spot that you could find to camp around the Grand Tetons, it's tough to beat the atmosphere, price, and beer!

Favorite campground!

Favorite campground! We stayed here at site 27B for just one night in August 2020 bit wish we had stayed many more nights. The campsites are in a beautiful pine forest on the edge of a prairie/meadow that has a creek running through it. Absolutely magical place, and the light in the morning and evening is spectacular. Although we didn’t have time to hike more than some short hikes and walks in the prairie, we saw trails leading from the campground(right behind our site) and other campers said the hiking and rock climbing are fabulous. We must come back!!!

High Altitude Camping

Nice campground at 10,500 feet above sea level! Very rocky terrain. No electricity or sewer for RV's. 2 water pumps, which were shut off when we were there end of September. Lovely sounds of the North Fork Little Laramie River. Hiking available. Apparently used a lot by 4-wheelers; quite a few buzzing around the 2 days we were there. Recommended as another place when all the other campgrounds nearby are filled up!

Absolutely amazing!

We came upon this site just by chance and I’m so glad we found it!! It was after season so that means no water and no bathrooms, but that’s ok, we had our own water and our own shovel and TP! It was mostly hunters (less than 10) and the nicest couple in the world from MN. The site was extremely spacious and comfortable! It did get quite frigid but we survived, and had an incredible experience listening to the wolves go crazy a couple times! We will certainly be back!

Spacious sites. Stayed in off season so no services, but no cost either. Had a moose walk right through our camp and go down to the lake.

Great place for gravel and mountain bikers to explore!

There are a ton of gravel and off-road opportunities for bikers. Pay attention to the trails rules because some trails do not allow bikers, so obey the trail rules. Some of the off-road trails are also shared by horses so be respectful of space. I met some friendly riders during my exploration ride! The campground is also close to a paved road, which could be a fun road ride tour. The snow-capped mountain views from the campground are beautiful! There are some more private campsites that have a dispersed and primitive vibe even though you are still pretty close to the running water and toilets. There are gravel roads that connect the different campgrounds which would be fun for exploration and introductory gravel riding. If you are not reserving a spot ahead of time, make sure that you show up early (before noon) in the busy summer season because the spots fill up quickly.

Nice National Forest Campground

I’m giving this 5 stars but my review still comes with a warning. Campsite #9 is next to the outhouse and you can definitely smell it when the wind blows or if it is getting heavy use. That being said, you are camping in the high country. I used my campsite to day hike trail #63 to Lake Helen and back. It was an 11.3 mile hike from my tent. I was not lucky enough to see any moose or elk BUT there was much evidence of both. People with campers that are on the large side definitely struggled to park and level them. This sometimes required help from multiple other RV folks that were already onsite. Just like the reservations say, you pack in and pack out your own garbage. Some campers were unaware. The facilities were clean and my camp was clean. The camp host was lovely. Wood is purchased from the camp host miles away at the Island Park Campground. It’s easier to stop on your 7 mile dirt drive up, than it is to drive 5+ miles down and back for it. I camped here in a tent alone. I felt completely safe and secure in my surroundings. I was the only camper that didn’t live in Wyoming. Generators are allowed until quiet time. There were a lot of bats to watch at dusk. The wildfire smoke sadly blocked the views of the night sky.

One night stay

Seemed to be geared towards people with RVs but my partner, our dogs and I had a lovely time. The camp was clean and not too loud. Seemed to have a decent amount of space between sites. Every spot was take. Not sure if it’s always that busy or if it was just Labor Day weekend popularity. We woke up to find a moose! They also have firewood for sale. They have a fire pit which had a grate to grill over as well as a grill. The stars on our walk around the grounds were insane

Worland RV Park and Campground

August 8-14, 2019 Our truck slowed to a crawl in the middle of nowhere. We were blessed by having the Sherriff stop and advise us to go back to Worland rather than going forward into a very challenging ride through the mountains. We creeped back to Worland and were stunned by how friendly and helpful everyone was. We ended up at the Worland RV Park and Campground where the customer service was off the charts. The park was VERY clean. Site 6 had water, electric and sewer. They have a dump station, showers, flush toilets and laundry room. In the office, they have RV supplies and home made quilts, etc. We will be forever grateful for their great customer service. Verizon 4G and wifi with a good signal. Elevation 4,076 ft. They can accommodate all size RVs. TDC Diesel did a great job repairing our truck. See more details in RV Camping Journal.

Love the hot pools, campground needs work

Campground is a little run down. RV sites are extremely close to one another. We stopped here for a day pass to use the hot pools. Hot pools are great! $10/person. The park does have WiFi and staff are very friendly. Convenient location near Hot Springs State Park.