Deerfield, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Deerfield Camping Reviews
Yellowstone lake state park spot 15

We camped in a “walk in” spot about 200 feet from where you can park the car. It is very secluded and tree cover allows you to be hidden from all others.

Fabulous camping / Hiking Summer Escape

Camping here is awesome, loved swimming, kayaking, hiking and biking. Friendly staff and hosts.

Nice place

This state park was vary nice . The site was a nice size and had a platform for the tent so we didn't flood . Unfortunately it poured and was freezing when we went so we couldn't do much hiking. The bathrooms were clean and also has the weather report over the speakers which was nice . They are vary dog friendly although you can't take your dog up the tower ( prob for safety reasons) . In the summer they also have a small water park there, which for family's is awesome . Definitely will go back 👍

Nice County Park

I like this park. It is near I90/39/94 & HW51, and they are heard in the distance. This is a County park, so all are welcome. If you’re pretentious you might find the neighbors easy to judge, but I say take your judgements elsewhere anyway. KOA is up the road. Careful of the even numbered side. It’s a bit of a low space, and some sites can flood in heavy rain. That’s not to say the entire camp is flood prone. Just some sites. Sites are generous with space in the higher numbers. Lower numbered sites nearer the shower house get ‘friendlier’. Good 30A electric. Odd side backs up to trees and a natural area. This is tick country like anything in this area. Shower house is usually buggy, but otherwise kept up. The shower controls are a bit annoying. Push the button for several minutes of shower. Potable water, dump station, and non-potable water at the dump station are convenient. Have a bit of your own hoses to reach. If you’re good with your rig you can get nice and close to the dump station. The park is huge with separate small and any-size off leash dog areas, hiking trails, nature walk, frisbee golf, a model airplane space, and event shelters.

I have a 13’ trailer, and I like the privacy of the larger sites on the odd side in the low - mid numbers. Tent sites are mingled with trailer sites.

Family Friendly Camping

Hickory Hills is a quiet but activity filled campground 30 minutes from Madison. There are many permanent campers but they are all friendly and welcoming. The lake has a nice beach. The pool is not too large but works on a hot day. Most people have golf carts as there is no place to park by the pool or the club house. The bathrooms are clean and well maintained. Every weekend there are activities planned from wine tasting to Halloween trick or treating. The sites are large and you can choose from shady or sunny sites. Great place to spend a few days or the whole summer.

Nope

It’s a field with swimming pool, the highlight was the Taco Bell at the edge of the parking lot.

Family fun!!

Great place to take the fam, big sites not to close to other campers. Lots of trees to hang a hammock and relax, great beach, good hiking. Going back for a weekend to check out the walk ins.

This is not an camp ground it a RV condo ass

Nice place though

Family Campground

Very friendly place to camp! Majority are seasonal sites but have a lot of room for open camping. There is water & electric hookups. You have the option for them to pump you 2 times a week for an extra $5. Family owned & operated. Animal friendly. Weekends usually have a “theme” so more people, during the week it’s open & quiet. There is a pool, store, rec center with games, & a cabin for rent. Great place to fish especially down a trail in the back part of the grounds.

So much to do here! Friendly people!

Overall great place! Would definitely go again. A bit pricey to camp but you definitely get your money’s worth.

The people who work there are great!

The people who work there are wonderful and even most of the seasonal campers we met were very nice people. We did have a few run ins with some not so good people however and the cops visit there often. The owners do their part to make things right however and immediately made the people causing trouble to leave. We were there for about a month and overall it was a good place to stay. Our tent site was right next to the playground, pool and bathrooms which made it convenient for our children, however kids run all over at night on the weekends until 2 am so the noise at that hour can be annoying. We also went through several storms while there and were offered parts for one of our canopies that blew away and the security guy who was always nice to us tied our other canopy to a tree when it also blew away to prevent it from going farther and being more damaged. Bathrooms I would give a 2 star rating alone.

Very nice friendly people

Bathrooms and outhouses were very clean! Not a lot to do but quiet and friendly atmosphere.

Best summer!!

We are seasonal sat crazyhorse campground , this is our first year and we have had the best summer ! ! The people are great from Jim the owner to Barb and Wayne. We have made some great new friends. There are always activities going on , bands , Dj’s, bags contest. The sugar river is so much fun kayaking and tubing which is all part of you stay at crazy horse. Tons of fun for kids and adults , I highly recommend .

Great hiking on lake

Open pad sites for tent camping under tree canopy, great hiking over looking swimming and boating lake.  Requires WI St Park pass to get in plus camping fees.   Has both vault and flush toilets w showers.  Close to town for other activities, near Wi Dells Water park 21 ,miles not a bad drive.

Part of the ice age trail system maintained hiking trails are great.

OK We stayed a while here

Not just that it was 25 minutes from our daughter in Madison this was a very nice KOA.

Typical KOA  but it did have better than normal WiFi or at least where we stayed it did.  Still not good enough to do a lot of streaming.

Had a great pool and playground. Had a place to have a group events.  Had a few cabins not many.

Had separate  tenting area that was really nice.

The folks that worked there were super and every Friday then Made homemade cookies.  NOTE to Self always check in on Friday.

The restrooms were very clean and I did use the shower a few times.  They were very nice.

It has a great dog park with an agility course which was fun to watch some dogs use.

It had restaurants and gas stations close. The Big thing it did have a cheese store not about 1/2 a block you can walk to.  Try all the great cheese and sausage it is super.  Will have to tell you I loved the Cranberry Cheese and the smoked Cheeses.  I also always got a jar of homemade pickles when we stopped.

The last time we stopped the had a corn and veggie stand right next door and great corn.

It is close enough to Madison if you need to visit there.

We have been there 3 times this year.  Really like it.

Blue Mounds such a diverse campground

Blue Mounds State Park is a great campground.  I love the area all the trees.  They have hike in campsites, bike in campsites and regular campsites.  They also have a group area.  If you are in a tent you will have great luck, I would advise in a trailer or Motor Home to inspect you site closely before you say yest to it, or you may be like us and change it 3 times.  Not very many level sites unless you can get up on the tent pad.  At one we thought was fairly level our tires were a good 3 inches off the ground in front.  We finally found one we could live with.  They have limited sites with Electricity so also if you need that look around.

I will have to say that the facilites are really nice and very clean in fact I have never seen a bathroom floor that clean on a weekend.

Speaking of weekends it does fill up most weekends so you will need to make reservations unless you want to use the hike in sites.

They have a recreation are also in the park that has a beautiful pool.  Picnic areas that are great and towers you can go up to see the Mounds.

WE have spent 2 times there this summer and will be back next summer.

If you are there there are a few areas to visit.

Mt Horeb the Troll Capital.  It is a small town about 20 miles if that.  Has a Troll theme and you can see the trolls all over the town.  Some good restaurants and one of the weekends we were there was the Art   Tour it is in the entire area and had some great art studios you could visit.

Cave of the Mounds is another place you have to visit.  This is a great cave during the week they give guided tours on the weekend it is self guided but have docents around explaining everything.  Well worth the money and trip.  This is about 5 miles from the Park.

I will say no internet and cell phone was very spotty. It is also one of the darkest areas if you are into the stars, just put something on for Mosquitos.

All in all a good solid 4, only down side was we were in a Motor Home and the not level sites was not the best.

Love!

Went here for a family vacation! Had an amazing time, close to mount horeb so was able to drive in for a day to look around. Site were spacious and most were pretty concealed.

One of my favorite places in Wisconsin!!

I come here at least once a yr when I get the time. I have spent 3 birthdays at Devils Lake and can't wait for many more.

Good for one night—mosquito heaven

This is an attractive, well-kept campground, but like a previous reviewer said, it is quite noisy, being near an airport and freeway. There seems to be only one bathroom at the end of the camp, which is where the campground host and all the RVs are. They have mowed paths through the campground as shortcuts, but for this California gal it was like running a gauntlet of mosquitos. I was bitten horribly. Bathroom was nice, two stalls, two showers and one sink.

Great Campground With Everything You Need!

Devil's Lake is a must see.  It is beautiful!  The water and beach are lovely, the hiking and sights are gorgeous.  The campsites are not the most private, but we've never had issues with bad neighbors or anything of the sort, and we have been going here for the past 30 years.

Pride of Ownership

Wonderful campground within 10 minutes of  major freeway access. New owners Allison and Chris are very friendly, helpful and exhibit the pride of Ownership in every aspect of the campground. Cleanest restroom/showers I can ever recall at a campground. Very family and pet friendly with activities, lake and bar. Really enjoyed our overnight stay on a cross-country trip - highly recommend!

Sites are a mixed bag

We happened to have a very private site completely surrounded by trees but a lot of the sites are small not well covered and very close to neighbors. However, regardless of where you are the campground can get really loud and busy and no one seems to care. There was a pack of kids screaming by our site on electric scooters all night, with people shouting and playing music. Even though the site and park were really nice. This seems more like a place to come with family and friends and have a big party.

One of our favorites

We spend quite a bit of time here. We hunt here and camp here year round. Tons of forest with cross country, equestrian, and hiking trails. One of the best lakes in Wisconsin for fishing along with a nice beach, and pet area. There is a free gun range. Hunt anything from pheasent to deer. There is also a nice bar and grill just down the street. Along with dairy bar as part of the park. Showers and bathrooms are always clean.

Not my favorite

We went here for a friend's birthday. It felt like we were packed in like sardines. Barely enough space to use the fire pit. Not much for shade and the only separating you from your neighbors are driveways/roads. The best parts was the full hookups, the pool, and the live music.

I do not think we will return to this campground.

Not Bad

The park is pretty nice. The pedestrian beach is to rocky for my liking, but the dog beach is nice and sandy yet small. There is also a bit of a hike to get there. So if you take a cooler you may want a wagon.

The sites we were in were a little narrow to back in a 30ft camper. The pictures of the site did not show this. The staff was friendly and the restrooms were clean.

Fort Atkinson Yogi Bear

We had a great time camping over the summer! Plenty for the kids and adults.

Fantastic place

Noahs ark is having a teacher appreciation addmisson so we decided to take a night off and go camping before spending the day at the water park. It was nice because I had a hard transition summer going from leading camping trips to working a traditional 8-4 job.

I love going to Red Oaks campground in Baraboo. $10 a night/person when tent camping, free showers, pool, close to gas station and places to eat and explore. Owners are very welcoming and friendly. Pet friendly, kid friendly with playground. Sand volleyball court.

It is your typical campground so of course theres loud neighbors sometimes ( news flash no one will ever like what everyone else is doing…… be the bigger person and keep doing what you know is right and make the best out of situations that arent "perfect ") owners are willing to work out bumps ( had loud drunk neighbors from midnight till 4am last year, owners took care of them.). We leave and explore all day and our stuff is fine. Theres back wooded sites or open sites. It feels more like rustic camping mixed with glamping items.

Highly recommend, but I know it's not going to be for everyone. I was skeptical when I first stayed but it's my go to place to recommend by the dells and my go to place when we plan to come down.

Awesome for the whole family

The best we’ve been to that is fun for the whole family

Tent camping near lake

Tent sites are in hickory hills area. Easy walk to showers/toilets over across from site 100. Tent sites are much more shaded and private than electric sites. We were traveling with another family so had two sites. If you have two parties I'd recommend sites 27 and 31 which have a little private path and potentially 53 and 5 which also appeared to have a path between them. Our sites 47 and 53 were big and shaded but not very flat for sleeping. Boat launch very close if you bring your own kayaks or canoes. There are also some for rent at the other end of the park. Park and ice at concessions.

Large wooded sites- near loud road

The campground is well kept with several bathrooms and showers. We have a 30ft travel trailer, and it was easy to maneuver around the campground. We did have to wait in line to fill the water tank, but the water pressure was good and it didn’t take too long. We stayed at site 327e, which was very easy to back in to and was mostly level. Easy access to electrical and plenty of space for slide outs. A nice big fire pit with large flat grate for cooking, one of the best set ups I’ve seen. Would be perfect, but there’s a loud highway WI-67 traffic about 20 ft from the campsite. Tons of loud motorcycles and trucks with constant traffic. If you want solitude I would avoid sites 305e-328e, all of the odd number sites back up to the road. Evens, except for 328e, are inside and are better. Video shows traffic and noise. I would come back, but pick a site inside the campground and away from highway.