The best WALK IN camping near
Gardner , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Gardner Camping Reviews
Annual Family Trip

We camp here annually with my wife’s side of the family (it’s half way between us and them). We love it. We like getting the sites which are right next to the creek because the kids will play in the water all day.

In the shoulder season the campground isn’t staffed often, but what do you expect when it’s not busy?

There are plenty of things to do near by, especially hiking.

Never stayed. Only ran

The area and cabins looked very cozy and welcoming; however, I didn’t stay in one. We hiked and ran in the trail system on site. Beautiful vistas and great opportunities for many activities.

Car camping

My pup and I car camped here last December and it was wonderful. Limited to no AT&T cell service; however, the park rangers drove through the area about twice a night so I always felt safe and knew I could use their phones if needed.

OK For Just an Overnighter

We were here in mid Sept and in site 15. It was a very small site with a half deck. If we had camper with slide, we would not have been able to use our slide in this site. The private shower rooms are nice and clean. The roads are rough dirt and gravel and not conducive to bike riding. They do trash pickup and deliver firewood. Chickens run free thru the campground.

Wish we had stayed longer

We stopped in one night on our way back to Pennsylvania. We had a lovely stay and the hosts were so hospitable. We purchased firewood and they walked it to our campsite. Our site was plenty large and the concrete pad was perfectly level. It was our last night of the season so we spent a lot of time in the morning cleaning out our gray and black tanks. We are pretty COVID cautious given some health conditions and this campground was very comfortable. I’d love to go back and see more of the areas.

Adventures Abound

My daughter and I had a fabulous stay here. We camped in our tent for 2 nights on the mountaintop campsite. We were able to go whitewater rafting one day and then explored the surrounding area on another day. The resort is awesome. They have cabins with hot tubs. We want to go back and stay there sometime. The park has so much to do including trails, swimming, and an awesome water park. Of course, they offer multiple whitewater rafting trips from beginner to advanced including the Gauley River. The campground is very clean and the staff were very helpful. It is very family friendly. You can bring the whole family or go as a couple's weekend getaway. The surrounding mountajns and valleys are absolutely beautiful. The New River Gorge Bridge is not too far and I highly recommend going there to see it. This area is gorgeous and should not be missed.

Adventures Abound

My daughter and I had a fabulous stay here. We camped in our tent for 2 nights on the mountaintop. We were able to go whitewater rafting one day and then explored the surrounding area on another day. The resort is awesome. They have cabins and they have hot tubs. We want to go back and stay there sometime. The park has so much to do including trails, swimming, and an awesome water park. The campground is very clean and the staff were very helpful. The surrounding mountajns andvalleys are absolutely beautiful. The New River Gorge Bridge is not too far and I highly recommend going there to see it. This area is gorgeous and shkuld not be missed.

One of our favorite spots in WV

We camped at Pipestem in a 37' travel trailer. We love this campground. Quiet, well spaced, nice roads for biking. We enjoyed lots of the amenities, including the horseback riding, nature center and giant water inflatables.

Good spot for the night

Stopped by on my way up north. Beautiful view of the river, which was high. There’s 5 pull in sites and 5 walk in tent sites. Multiple bathrooms, including ADA friendly, all clean. There were 2 other campers on a Saturday night, which was nice and quiet. It’s about 5 miles down a nice dirt road, easy to drive on. There’s no AT&T service upon arrival. A few spots you could locate a bar to send a message, but that’s it. Lots of trees to hang a hammock. Each site had a fire ring, picnic table and a pole to hang food from. No electricity or water so be sure to bring your own. Overall, enjoyed my stay!

Right off highway with great amenities

This campground is open year round and is right off the highway.  There is a gas station right next to it as well as a safari park.  The campground itself has a pool, open seasonally, a game room, and a playground.  It's an old school playground but the gkids love it.  They also have a couple of walking trails and a small dog park.  It is roadside so expect just that for this campground.  It has plenty of trees and sites for all different sized vehicles and tents.  The cabins and bathrooms are nice and clean.  The employees are always nice and helpful.  We have stayed here several times and have always had a good time.