The best DRIVE IN camping near
Alexandria , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Alexandria Camping Reviews
I loved this KOA!

Really great property! The amenities are top notch. Clean restrooms showers. Friendly staff. I would love to visit again.

Not a bad place to spend time near Nashville

Spent about a month there in a large class A at 2 locations, 1st was a pull through easy to get in and out obviously but way to open only shade a dead hickory tree that still had some nuts that kept dropping on my roof the second was a shady spot along the back fence between 2 permanent campers. Very nice people I was saddened to hear the owners were trying to force out these people who have nowhere else to go. Maintenance man holds a bible study in the rec room from time to time and the office staff was pleasant. Bathrooms and showers were kept clean. Pool was closed during the time I was there.

Convenient and clean

This campground was nice and quiet and convenient to the cute town of Mount Juliet. Sites a little closer then I like or expect from COE/state parks. Bathrooms near to the entrance were a little dated, but the ones near the dump station were nicer. The playground/beach area was nice. The laundry was literally 1 washer and 1 dryer behind the bathrooms near the entrance (outside under an overhang). We will pass through again.

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

An Owl, a hawk and beautiful trees!

Quiet stop only one night. Everything worked and no drama! Beautiful trees! 🍁Live owl named “Cotton” and hawk named “Buddy” on exhibit there. Cute little store on grounds.

Nice Campground

We visited here during the summer. I really enjoyed our stay. A couple of things caught a us by surprise.. 1) The steps down to our campsite. Some of the campsites towards the back of the campground have a good amount of stairs. It was okay, but not good for anyone who cannot handle a lot of stairs. 2) There was a lot of boat traffic on the lake, even late into the night. I’m not sure if it is always like this or because there is a marina near by the campground. We could reach the edge of the lake from our campsite and launched out kayaks from there. The boats made it a little difficult to kayak the lake, but some kayakers towards the front of the campground at the day beach seemed to do okay. There’s a small hiking trail in the park also called the “lost spring trail” not much of a spring to see, but a couple of lookout points. Must not be much traffic through the trail anymore, the lookouts were a little overgrown. Overall the campground was nice, lots of access to the water if you like to fish and some very beautiful views. Pet friendly! Clean!

“Resort” is a perfect description

This is one of the handful of “Resort” KOA’s in the U.S., and it was very much a resort. I feel like the spots for your trailer are a little bigger, and at this spot, the back in sites have more shade from trees. This place has an awesome pool, a ton of yards games from bowling to checkers, the staff is super nice and it’s right outside downtown Nashville, but you don’t get a lot of highway noise when you’re sitting by your fire pit.

Beautiful but not with kids

Our family of four (2 adults, 2 kids age 11 and 12) stayed on the East Loop for a few fall nights. We opted for the deluxe sites inside the loop rather than on the lake after reading reviews about the mosquitos.

The Good:

• The resort grounds are new with level concrete pads.
  • Excellent WIFI connectivity pretty much everywhere.
  • The staff are seen all day caring for the grounds. Hardly anything out of place.
  • Stunning lakeside views.

The Annoying:

• It’s still under active construction. Impacted us mainly because it was happening right behind our site with concrete trucks were operating all day.
  • Poorly secured electrical boxes with dangerous construction of stairs and decks (no railing in places, etc). This place is asking for a lawsuit.
  • Drainage holes on the side of the road with no covers.
  • No easy access to get a kayak/canoe in near our camp site on the east loop.
  • The mosquitos. It’s camping on a lake in the south but our neighbors staying in the lakeside lots could hardly even be outside. They would swarm you on the docks, too.

The reason we won’t be back: Bill, the manager.

It’s really unfortunate but Bill doesn’t like kids. He would prefer the camp to be 55+. Bill didn’t like kids playing on the “adult lounge swings”.

One afternoon I’m happily enjoying a game of cornhole with my mosquito escaping neighbors. Up walks Bill to inform me that my child and some other camp kids were abusing the playground equipment. What could have been a very civil conversation spiraled into Bill calling several adults names and threatening to kick us out of the camp. All because one of the kids was swinging too high for Bill’s liking.

It’s too bad Bill ruins the place. Heard it from multiple other families staying at the same time. Really nice spot and pleasant staff otherwise.

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Clean and quiet

We camped here in January. It was very quiet because the other campers were all RVers who spent most of their time inside. The bathrooms were very clean and we basically had them to ourselves, since the RVers used their RVs. This park was really nice and we got some great sunrises over the water. Loved having a water spigot onsite. Only an hour away from Nashville if you want to visit!