Yemassee , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Yemassee Camping Reviews
We love this park

Amy and I have camped at the Live Oak section of the park multiple times (twice this year). We love it. Trails for bike rides or walks. Close to beach. Great staff. Private campsites. We stayed in site 94 this past weekend. Good sized site. Water is very close to front make sure you have enough hose. This site backs up to the main road. You can’t see the road, but there is some traffic noise.

Beautiful trees

Nice little campground with great big beautiful trees. Walking distance to north beach which is super calm water. A nice bike ride to the other beaches. Facilities were modern and in nice shape. Pool looked to be in good shape. Roads inside the campground were a little small and some of the corners a little tight.

We were missing out!

We frequent Edisto Beach all summer long and decided a fall camping trip could offer a change of pace - we were right!

The campgrounds at Edisto were awesome! We stayed at one of the marsh front sites (no power no water).. it was incredible!

The trails were perfect for all 5 in our group.. adults and children. The views spectacular during the day and night!

This is a little gem we were literally driving past on the regular. I’m so happy we visited and have yet another reason to love Edisto!

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Relaxing Beach Getaway!

River’s End Campground is the perfect location for enjoying the North Beach area of Tybee Island. The campground is a“city” campground, but the location gives off a more relaxed beach/island vibe. All the employees were very friendly and helpful, especially the guys in golf carts, who escorted new arrivals and helped all around. The gentleman who escorted us to our site and helped back me in did an amazing job, knowing exactly where to get me situated. One of the best back-in assists I’ve ever had.

The campground is not large, but has a variety of pull through, back-in, pull-in, full hookups, and tent sites available. Most of the sites appeared very level and were average in size. Yes, they are close together, but didn’t feel like we were on top of each other. Many of the sites have some shade, except 142-145. Our site(43) was level, spacious, and perfectly located in the center of the campground.

The swimming pool was a nice size and well maintained. The camp store had a nice variety of souvenirs, supplies, ice and water.

The location of the campground is what makes it ideal. It’s a short walk/bike ride to two beach access points (North Beach by the lighthouse and River Beach). Nearby are several restaurants and coffee shops, without having lots of touristy stores/vibes around. That is more of the south part of the island. The overall relaxing feel and location of the campground makes it one of our top beach stays!

Amazing

We love this campground. Great access to the beach and very close to Botnay Bay Preserve. Be ready for the mosquitos, but this is a great campground.

Best camp!

Absolutely love this place!! EVERYTHING is amazing!!! Bathrooms and showers feel just like home! Super nice pool. Great facilities. Walking distance to beach.

I love this beach

Nice campground close to the beach!

Great campground

Our campsite was in the middle of a lot of stage campground streets but it was perfect. Shaded by big trees. Great spot for watching all the kids ride around. Close to the pool and laundry. The campground was active but not loud. My only complaint is that the pool doesn’t open until 11 on weekdays. That means you can’t take one more dip before checking out. Boo.

But you can walk to the beach. Walk to restaurants. Walk to the farmers market at the lighthouse every Monday afternoon (4-6). Pool. Laundry. Showers. Nice people. Overall a great spot!