Camping in Talatha

138 Reviews of 21 Talatha, South Carolina Campgrounds

Nick L.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

very clean

had a great time with family and friends ALL the staff was very nice and friendly. the showers and bathrooms were very clean. i stayed in two of the walk in sites and love them very quiet plenty of fire wood. wish they had power but that wont stop me from getting them again

Site28 and 29
Cody K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

It’s a great campground

Great little campground, my wife and I just moved into our RV and this our first stop. Super quiet and nice; not weigh in much of amenities other than the bathhouse in the washer and dryer and Wi-Fi. Campground host is super nice though his name is Dale. Will definitely be here for a while

Site?
Micah G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Awesome view with kind owner

Mr mark is awesome!! Very quiet with wonderful views. Great quality well water better than anything I’ve had short of spring water. Electrical power. Couldn’t ask for a more peaceful spot to setup camp.

SiteA
Kaitlin B.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway

We camped for a night here and explored some of the hiking trails that surrounded the lake. Some of the sites are pretty secluded from each other, especially the one we were at (39).

Month of VisitNovember
Christy F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

I wish we would have come here sooner!

We got to this wonderful campground on a Monday afternoon and left Friday morning and it was probably no more than 75% full that week.  It was super quiet and well-maintained.  The 72,000 acre lake is clear and clean and is great for boating, kayaking, fishing or swimming.  My husband caught and…

• Site 38
  • Site 38...right on the water
  • Site 38
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Mistletoe State Park is a jewel in Georgia

We spent a couple of nights in Mistletoe State Park in Georgia while we investigated my husband's ancestry.  This park is truly beautiful. As you enter and drive through the park you are surrounded by virgin forest and arrive at beautiful Lake Thurmond.  Our campsite was the best we have ever had…

Alice D.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Watch out for the ants!

Two sites share a common drive and it’s very difficult to get into and out of your site without using the other site’s parking area! At least for a novice to trailer camping. Our site was overrun with sugar ants. They were on and in everything! Pretty lake but I won’t go there again

Elizabeth G.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful views and large spaces

Stayed at hamilton branch this past weekend. Loved the big sites. Only downside was the site we stayed on was site 42 the water connection is too far away so you must have a very long hose pipe. And poison oak surrounds the entire site. Other than that it was nice and peaceful. Look forward to…

Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was time I camped every week end

SiteTeardrop RV
Bernie L.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Bernie

I'm an eagle scout and there was a time I camped every week end.

SiteTeardrop Rv
K
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

A new favorite!

We camped here in early May and loved it! Very private, large campsites. Bike friendly and beautiful lake. Wished we had brought our kayaks, but will be back again soon! Drove into McCormick and had dinner at Michelle’s which we would highly recommend. Their calzones and burgers were delicious!

• morning coffee
Karen C.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Nice hiking trail, beautiful lake views.

The main campground is flat making it easy to back up campers or RV’s in slots. Some pull through spots. We were tent camping and choose a walk in slot. 27, 28 & 29. Our site was 29 it is about 100 yards from the main campground down a single lane sandy road that leads into a wooded area. We…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

COE does it again. Great sites, forestry but water front , great cell coverage

The third COE we have stayed at on J. Strom Thurmond dam. (Basically we spend a week at each cos of limited availability) We stayed in GA and SC sides of the lake and two out of three have great cell coverage on ATT and Verizon - this one is great in that regard. Guess it can vary from site to site…

robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Very nice!!!

This place is awesome! We slept in the primative tent section. It was nice and peaceful. Facilities are clean. Great views ❤️

• Sunset
robins662 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Small and basic

First time camping here... it's a basic camp ground. Great walking areas.

• Views ❤️