Camping in Shiloh

65 Reviews of 10 Shiloh, South Carolina Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great Stopover

Very well maintained, spacious campsites. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Not much to do in surrounding areas.

Joe S.
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Awesome spot

Awesome place. Decently far off the main road so it's quiet. Probably the biggest spots to camp I've ever seen gives you the feel of basically being way off the beaten path. Also the lumber river access is ideal to kayak and fish. The park rangers and maintenance people were chill and friendly.…

Site5 and 6
Cassandra R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Nice dispersed campground

We have been coming to this campground for seven or eight years. We’ve camped here as tent and rv campers.

The campsites tend to be spacious and wooded- perfect for privacy and hammocks.

Once we were tent camping here, and woke up to a herd of deer on our site! There were seriously 10-15 deer…

T
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Awesome little campground!

Myself and a friend found this little gem while Geocaching in the area. This campground was very comfortable to be in. The staff were friendly; the bathhouse was clean with plenty of room. There were washers and dryers for us to use as well. The campground layout is smaller than some other…

SiteTent F3
Tammie S.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Hidden gem

Extra large and private campsites. One of the campsites has a hammock stand. The group site is huge. The whole park is very clean and spacious.

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.

Terri F.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Into the woods

Nestled in the middle of NC is this great forest. There were lots of established camping spots. We picked a nice one near a stream. There was a lot of road traffic even late into the night. People were friendly when we saw them but everyone kept their distance.

SiteN/A
Skipper S.
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Well Done Campground

We stayed at site 84, and stayed in a tent. There was a fire pit, hang hook for trash, and plenty of shade on the tent pad. We had plenty of space between each site as well. Bathrooms were fine with decent water pressure and hot water. I liked the idea of the campground host who was just a few…

SiteLoop C site 84
bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Uwharrie campground

The State Forest has camping. We used our pop-up with a generator in rustic locations. There are hiking, horse, OHV, dirt bike, ATV, and mountain bike trails.

Makenzie T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Clean, beautiful and river-accessible!

This was a great campground for a great price. There was a path walkable to the river, and each campsite was clean, had plenty of space on level ground to set up camp, a fire pit, and very clean toilet. I would definitely go back!

SiteC2
AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Awesome campground

We stayed at this park for a couple nights. The bathroom facilities were nice, the spots were clean, we stayed during the week so it was empty. Might be a little too open if the campground is full. The overlook from the top of the “mountain” was beautiful.

Jason D.The Dyrt PRO User

Month of VisitDecember
S
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Spacious Sites

This campsite doesn’t seem to be too popular which is fine. The tent sites are some of the better spread out ones that I’ve seen and having cell coverage is immensely appreciated considering you’re basically in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful hikes around the river right next door.

Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 1, 2021

Truly Primitive Camping in a National Forest

Personally, I would give dispersed camping here four or five stars, but I have to be objective from the point of view of many campers. This is not an RV camping area, at least not the dispersed camping area. You cannot drive up to the campsites. There are no electric, water, or sewer hookups. There…

• The Campsite before I Set Up
  • The rhododendron were just beginning to bloom.
SiteUwharrie Trail Primitive Campsite 1
Myron C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

One of the Best State Parks in North Carolina

I guess my GPS needs updating since it took me down the wrong road to get to this state park, so if you haven’t updated your GPS, do it before you attempt to come here. Other than that, it’s not that difficult to find.

There are quite a few things to do at this state park. Hiking, horseback…

• My Campsite