Estill , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Estill Camping Reviews
A Caboose and wildlife

A little out of the way , nicely kept KOA. I love the decorum. The office houses a shower , laundry , pizza service and a small coffee and liquor bar. The staff was very nice and professional. The dog park is itty bitty which might prompt you to take a walk on the trail around a small lake……..but remember where you are cause your dog is not the top of the food chain here! No swimming in that lake! Well shaded and intricately interwoven parking spots. AND a Caboose to rent! Very cool. We stayed here overnight enroute to NC, it was moderately full but started filling up the day we left. The Parris Island is not far off and I’m sure during graduations this KOA gets crowded as well as evacuations and vacations.

HORRIBLE DO NOT GO!!! WOW

Wow, where to begin….. So I attempted to schedule a horse back riding event for my fiancé' and I for her birthday(thought that it would be cool to take a ride on the beach) I filled out the info online and left the page to double check the distance. When I came back to the page it had already taken payment and the 17 miles away was really 95 miles driving distance. I IMMEDIATLY called OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again and got NO response or answer! Also, woke up the next morning at 7am to start calling AGAIN. Guess what no answer. Ill put my bottom dollar that if you call this establishment right now that they will NOT answer…. IF YOU CALL and they do answer the phone Ill pay for your next ride(look me up) IF they dont….(DO NOT DO IT!) This was the response that I got….. After calling 20mins after accidently signing up and also the other 20 plus times…..(AGAIN NO CALL BACK they sent me an email AFTER the fact!! bunch of crooks!!)"I will not issue a refund as it clearly states this information on your sign up." OK…. WHY didnt you answer the phone at all or call me back???!?!? I have a nephew who is 8 years old that gets back to people faster… He needs to get a job there and I bet that I could triple your intake overnight just by answering the phone and calling people back… Communication is everything!! they have NONE!! wow. DO NOT GO HERE!! Instead you should totally check out Seabrook Island Equestrian Center. They call you back and also want to earn your business not just take your money.

Fine for overnight

We are Thousand Trails members so the stop is free for us. We stopped here earlier this year overnight and last night election night. For an overnight stop it's fine quiet for the most part. Muffle sounds of 95 often a distance at night . Never used the pool nor inside the clubhouse, laundry, or bathrooms. As you can see by the pics I'm including as others say it is tight. Yesterday was a nice evening cool but nice no rain so it wasn't muddy. earlier this year when we were here and as other stated it did rain and yes quite a bit of water gets around your site. Last time we were here we went around the lake I guess you can call it that screen and odd looking but the walkway was clean and manageable for my wife who need a walker to help her.

Pleasant and relaxing

Quiet campground, mostly RVs but nice spots for tent camping! Electric and water hookups for all sites, and they sell firewood and ice on site as well (on an honors system after the office closes). Nice pond with boardwalk in the center of the campground, and lots of space for dog walking. Very clean restrooms. Close to Hunting Island. We loved Superior Coffee for coffee and breakfast, and Shrimp Shack for lunch. Had a great time with our two dogs on their first camping trip! We are local to Beaufort and will definitely be back.

Five stars aren’t enough

Our five day stay is not long enough!This place is fabulous in every way. It’s huge, but feels very homey because of the layout and beautifully lush landscaping. The sites are incredible. Spacious, level, immaculate and private. The location is perfect…accessible to everything. We rode our bikes to the beach, the marina, restaurants, Starbucks, Publix, shops, etc. The community is gated, the staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. We are already looking at dates to come back for a longer stay. It is on the expensive side, but worth every penny.

Great Camp Ground

Family always enjoys this campground! Beautiful spot, historic and the staff is wonderful.

Glamping

We loved this resort. It was definitely glamping so a splurge but worth it! The staff went above and beyond and the community is beautiful. Amazing bike paths too.

My standard

I've been to several different campgrounds since I started camping with my son about 6 years ago. This is the campground I compare them all to. We visit every summer. Never have a problem with reserving a site. They don't charge me until I arrive. It's never been crowded or dirty or unpleasant ( even when it rained!). It's nothing fancy…no spa, no pool, no tacky store. But it's easy to find, has a lovely boardwalk running through it, and is less than 3 miles from a well preserved revolutionary war fort, secret beach, and some of the best oysters and shrimp I have ever, ever eaten ( and since I'm a sous chef that is saying a lot!). It's surrounded by oaks and history, and huge tomato farms. It's, to me, everything good about a summer getaway!! Can't wait to go back!!

Easy stop over

Easy stop over for a night or two. Right off of I95. Next to a major road, so there is car/truck noise during the day. None of the sites are private, so I wouldn’t call this a “destination” campground. Great if you want to fish and kayak the Edisto River!

The bathrooms are very clean and air conditioned. Sites are all very clean with power, water, picnic table, and fire ring. There are nicely spaced out trees, so if you have a hammock, bring it. Didn’t have mosquito issues, but beware there are a lot of ants and they bite!!

Best sites are 6, 8, and 9. We camped in site 10.

Peaceful, but limited

We enjoyed our walks around the lake with the dog, but there wasn't much more to do. The pool was open, but you had to sign up for a time slot (because of COVID) and there wasn't much nearby to do. We drove into Hilton Head Island from there and enjoyed the day out there. The sites were to tight to enjoy playing outside, and the mini-golf was closed due to COVID.